Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

mjclaude salverredy April 16, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I enjoyed the first season and would like MMs to continue…. promoting the show more or changing the time it is aired. Yes it was a great program and its first season ended without the viewers even being notified…. Please give it a chance for a second season!!!

MJClaude

Gary April 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Everyone I recommended this show to said they loved it.

Ge April 16, 2013 at 4:13 pm

how’s does one start a movement to keep this quality show on the air. It’s a terrific one.

Greely Kirkpatrick April 16, 2013 at 4:03 pm

My most favorite TV series. I told all my friends to be sure and watch it. PLEASE bring it back!!!

Kate April 16, 2013 at 3:52 pm

PLEASE RENEW! Great show, one of the very best! It’s entertaining and thought provoking without insulting my intelligence. LOVE it! Please bring it back!

DJ April 16, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Renew! Best show I’ve found lately. Only show I watch on Monday nights.

Kitty April 16, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Monday Mornings was a great show! Realistic, not depressing. The actors were good and the subject matter was interesting. Dallas was like “junk mail” to Monday Mornings “real mail”.
Don’t cancel it!

barbara April 16, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Please renew the show! Monday Morning’s is even better than Grey’ Anatomy! It probably didn’t get good ratings because it wasn’ advertised enough! Please!

Elizabeth April 16, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Please renew! I fell in love with ALL of the characters, and I’m already going through withdrawal after watching the season finale. Promote it more appropriately, and it will soar. Give it another chance, and it will take off!

Twana Williams April 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Monday Mornings I love it!! Please renew

Sue April 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I think ‘Monday Mornings’ is a really good show. Not run-of-the-mill stuff. Very intelligent. Great characters. Maybe if they had thought to give it a better name it would have attracted more viewers. Most people don’t have a clue what it is. BTW what the heck happened to the season finale? Was it even shown? There was a 2-hour ‘Dallas’ finale, no ‘Monday Mornings’. BTW, why would anyone want to see ‘Dallas’ again? I don’t get it.

FrankK April 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I vote strongly for a second season. Monday Mornings is both a detailed description of medical practices and technology we had not seen before and an engaging view of the interrelationships of a varied cast of characters Keep it on!!!

jean April 16, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Please renew! It’s the best thing on tv! I never did watchDallas, and I won;t watch this reincarnation.

Susan April 16, 2013 at 1:50 pm

YES! good medical show. and this one MOSTLY focuses on the patients and hospital unlike some that is mostly a relationship soap.

Hal April 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Great show. Reason for net catching on was I never saw any promos on it. Push it and I know it will do better. Script and actors are good, good all the way around.