Moonlight: The Vampire Series Could Return on the CW

MoonlightThough CBS has cancelled the fan favorite show, it seems Moonlight may not be dead yet. Kinda appropriate for a vampire show.

Deadline Hollywood Daily is reporting that Moonlight may be moving to the CW — but not as part of the regular schedule that was reported earlier today.

The CW has had a very difficult time attracting viewers to any of their Sunday night programming. As a result, they recently made the decision to sell the entire 7-10pm timeblock — not just the commercial space. They found a buyer in Media Rights Capital (MRC), an indie company. Under the agreement, MRC will develop programming and sell advertising time to go with it.

According to Finke, there’s a chance that MRC may pick up Moonlight to fill some of that airtime. But, if they want it, they’ll have to work fast.

When the cancellation news came down, the Warner Bros. crew was told to start tearing down the Moonlight sets almost immediately. When this new deal became a possibility, they were told to hold off — until Friday.

Would Moonlight be a good fit? Obviously being on the CW on Sunday nights would be an uphill battle ratings-wise. But, if the vampire show could bring most of its CBS viewers to the night, it would be outperforming just about everything else on the network. We’ll keep you posted. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Sarah April 1, 2009 at 8:28 pm

I am sick over MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE SHOW ” NOT ” ON
I dont even want to hear about any cancellation!
The BEST nu show on TV ~ & when battlestar g was on INSTEAD ~ We were so irritated
& hugely dissappointed ~ There is NOTHING ELSE ON TV worth watching !
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE B R I N G B A C K M O O N L I G H T !
Alec, his other vam buddy, & Beth ( I forget her real name ) ( she is so beautiful so stunning in Tristan & Isolde ) Alecs` portrayal of the Det Vam ~ is his best role yet ~ so coool & soo sexy ~ his buddy too! S a r a h

Carol Kaye March 15, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Well…….where is Moonlight?

TAMMY January 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK ,IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES I
WAS SO SURPRISED THAT IT GOT CANCELLED . WITH ALL THE SUCCESS OF THE TWILIGHT MOVIE, I BET YOU COULD ATTRACT THAT FOLLOWING TO THE CW NETWORK.

THANKS
TAMMY

Virginia Fowler January 16, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I can’t belive CBS canceled the show too. I really love it. I had two best show and it was every Friday night. Ghost Whisperer and Moonlight. Boy CBS you did make a big big mistake. I wish you would bring it back.

Tommy Jackson January 1, 2009 at 9:51 pm

This was the best new show on network television. Moonlight had everything that would make you not want to miss a minute of it. Beautiful people, wonderful actors and great story line and I have never been a “vampire” person. CBS has made another huge mistake in the cancellation of this show. Please reconsider, CBS PLEASE!!!

Tabatha Jackson January 1, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Well, I never thought I would have liked MOONLIGHT as much as I did. I got hooked on the show early on but not the first episode. It was so tantalizing and had a dramatic story line that it was an immediate attachment. Moonlight had everything that I liked as for as the blood and violence and lets not forget the romance part between Mick and Beth. The show had me hooked and then the strike and it returned and then it disappeared. You guys dont have any idea what you have done and not to mention that you have lost some of your viewers. I hardly ever watched CBS until Moonlight and Ghost Whisper aired.

gwen December 3, 2008 at 6:49 pm

i love this show reminds me of a old show i use to watch when i was younger forever night which too was a cop vamp show which got the can bring this show back it is soo goo and he is sooooo hot

Cynthia December 2, 2008 at 9:46 pm

This show is awesome and Loughlin is just too sexy for words. Please bring back this show. It didn’t get a good start with the strike and all the mess it created. I think with the whole “Twilight” popularity I think the show will do great if you give it a second chance. I hope that even though CBS is stupid enough to cancel Moonlight to run yet ANOTHER reality show in it’s place, that another station will see how great the show is and pick it up. I’m sure there will be many who will loss CBS and welcome another station.

angela morris November 16, 2008 at 2:11 am

i really hope it will be returning to cw. and loughlin comes with it. he is one of the sexyist man i ever seen on this tv. the characters mick and beth had such chemistry together it was almost real. who cares if he’s a vampire. i’m like beth ,i would have let him drink my blood too! he can do whatever he wants to me!! i have got my fingers crossed!! both of them!

Gail November 15, 2008 at 2:30 pm

I am sooooooooo mad they did this. Why? I loved this show. I couldn’t wait for it to come on & I never missed an episode! Why is it they keep the crappy stuff & cancel the good stuff? I loved the story line & the concept & O’Loughlin was “dead” sexy (pardon the pun!) I sure hope CW picks it up I will be a loyal watcher if they did! CBS made a big mistake by dropping this show, I don’t even watch CBS anymore I refuse to do so because of this they made me that angry! I also know of several other people that have quit watching any CBS programming for the same reason, bad move CBS really bad move!!!

iluvmat3 November 13, 2008 at 12:42 pm

I really loved the show, maybe the time slot could’ve been better chosen. We are in dire need of good programs to watch and this one fit the bill. Please reconsider!

Brittany Wilson November 13, 2008 at 9:59 am

Bring Moonlight Back

Moonlight was the only series that i would watch and now all of the episodes are cancelled. I have never missed and episode and now we need it back.

Maria November 11, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Yep, just bring us our Moonlight back!! It’s such a great show especially compared to all that rubbish out there. Never missed an episode!!

Manuela November 1, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Very good show but again another one they just cancled. I haven’t watched Tv for a while just waited till a good season came out on dvd without an open ending. Moonlight had got me watching again…. they could cancle all these reality shows like big brother … and so on.

patty October 28, 2008 at 6:32 am

One word: Political!

I dont see any reason for them to cancel the show… Believe me, Moolight made me watch CBS..
Aside from the budget, Im sure there’s some kind of a conspiracy thing…

Another one word: KARMA!