Napoleon Dynamite: 2011-12 TV Season Ratings

Napoleon Dynamite ratingsHere are the ratings for the Napoleon Dynamite TV series. The characters from the cult-favorite feature film have moved to the small screen as an animated series. The first season of Napoleon Dynamite typically airs Sunday nights on the FOX network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Napoleon Dynamite will be cancelled or renewed for season two. Check out our FOX ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season averages: 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.31 million total viewers.

Episode 01-06: Sunday, 03/04/12
2.0 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.05 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.60 in the demo with 5.31 million.
Demo average rank: #8 of 17 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-05: Sunday, 02/19/12
2.0 in the demo (+11% episode-to-episode change) with 4.41 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.72 in the demo with 5.57 million.

Episode 01-04: Sunday, 02/12/12
1.8 in the demo (-14% episode-to-episode change) with 3.81 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.90 in the demo with 5.86 million.
Demo average rank: #7 of 17 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-03: Sunday, 1/29/12
2.1 in the demo (-36% episode-to-episode change) with 4.42 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 3.27 in the demo with 6.54 million.
Demo average rank: #5 of 17 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-02: Sunday, 1/15/12
3.3 in the demo (-25% episode-to-episode change) with 6.88 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 3.85 in the demo with 7.60 million.
Demo average rank: #1 of 15 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-01: Sunday, 1/15/12
4.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.31 million total viewers; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 4.40 in the demo with 8.31 million.

It was a very positive launch for the animated series. The first episode’s ratings put Napoleon Dynamite at the top of the list as the highest-rated scripted series of the season. It was on par with last season’s debut of Bob’s Burgers which aired on January 9th in the same timeslot. Both had the advantage of afternoon football to help to pull in viewers.

A large percentage tuned out before the second episode of Napoleon Dynamite aired but the ratings were still quite healthy.

What do you think? Do you like the Napoleon Dynamite TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

V-Dogz April 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm

This show is pretty much the most frickin amazing show ever. There will be an uprising of Ligers worldwide if it is cancelled. Please, spare the world from the blood letting. Keep the show on the air.

James Phillips April 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

This show has its moments of laughs but still I think it would start to go downhill by season 3 (if they keep going) all the ideas are based of the movie and lets face it the movie didnt have that much in it to branch off ideas from. Love the show, but im afraid it will not be as great as they planned when they run out of ideas.

Katrina H March 29, 2012 at 1:32 am

I love this show!!! I watch it over and over!! Please let there be another season! I want to see more!!!!’

Linn March 27, 2012 at 10:57 am

I love this show. It makes me laugh everytime I watch it and it should stay on. Please vote for Pedro and a second season!

Lance_Corporal March 21, 2012 at 10:38 am

This is a VERY funny show that you can just sit back and enjoy the laughs. I hope they renew it because it is just good natured/chaotic/quirky entertainment.

Brian March 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Love the show – lots of laughs. Watched them online. My son loves it too and he’s 8. I’m glad we can watch it together. Cheers!

Thalidamide Baby March 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

VERY tired retread of early “King Of The Hill” stereotypes.
The jokes fall flat and the animation is, by other standards, very primitive.
I won’t bet on this slow dog.

Craig March 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I don’t like this show as much as Bob’s Burgers, but it is fun to watch. The show is much better than Allen Gregory. I still get a bit nauseous when I think back to that show.

Jeff February 27, 2012 at 8:46 pm

This is by far the best show since *Arrested Development*. It’s the only show I’ve ever had to pause because my wife was laughing so hard, and I’ve had to pause every episode at least once. PLEASE renew this one! It’s one of the only decent shows Fox has left, and it’s abso-freaking-mazing!

Cheryl February 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Ditch this and BRING BACK ALLEN GREGORY…

Val February 24, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Love this show. It has almost filled the void left by King of the Hill. Totally worth watching.

D.B. February 17, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Terribly unfunny show. Worse than Allen Gregory. Thank god that show was cancelled. At least I laughed a few times during that show. Not once with N.P.

Ben K January 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I’ve watched all three. So far so good. I’m laughing. I like the diverse mix of characters. Love that they used the same actors from the movie. For me, the fun continues. A good use of characters I loved from the movie.

kjk January 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

Think It’s a little late for the show now. The movie is dated and so is the show. Watched it and did not think it was funny at all.

Hassan Ben Sober January 23, 2012 at 11:43 am

“Napoleon” is a good show – people should give it a fair chance.