NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

b connolly August 19, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I can’t understand the idiotic decision to cancel a show of this caliber and replace it with the garbage on the air today. Maybe a different time slot. Give good television a chance.

b connolly August 19, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this show – did not miss one. I can’t believe the programming idiots that cancel the good shows and replace them with garbage. My lord, at least give them a chance, maybe just a different time slot.

Bill August 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Wow can’t believe a good show like this cancelled maybe it can be resurrected like unforgettable

Linda Sue August 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Cannot believe the junk that remains on the air, while a great show like this is cancelled!

Mike August 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Give it a chance, looks good thus far. It shows how NYC cops get right into their jobs.

mary August 18, 2012 at 4:37 pm

one of the better police shows. wasn’t given a chance. I hope that slot won’t be filled with another stupid reality show.

Mike August 18, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Please NO MORE stupid reality shows.

Nancy August 18, 2012 at 1:05 pm

This is a fantastic show – not just another “cop show”. Amazing cast and story lines. I cannot believe it is being canceled! I guess it’s time to pull out my old West Wing and Friday Night Lights DVDs.

Anonymous August 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

This is a fantastic show. It seems to have a strong, loyal following, similar to Friday Night Lights. I hope it is not canceled!

Dick Herbert August 18, 2012 at 8:03 am

Good show! Well written and thought out. It’s a shame, was not placed in a better time slot. Excellent actors and storylines. Too bad

doreen August 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

NYC 22 reminded me of Third Watch. What a shame it wasn’t picked up. I don’t like the junk that’s on tv, now. I guess it’s back to reality shows!

doreen August 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Steve August 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Cancelling my favorite new show? C’mon WHERE’S THE LOVE?

Dave August 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I wasn’t so sure about this show when it began but I gave it an honest try. I have come to like it very much and am ever so disappointed that it has been canceled by CBS. I can only hope that someone else will pick it up – it is well written and the ensemble cast is great. I know the networks need ratings but…not every show can be #1.

Mike August 18, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Well my DVR is going to have an empty slot. I hope they don’t CX it.

Andrea August 14, 2012 at 11:44 am

I really can’t believe your cancelling this show. this was an excellent show, great story lines. I looked forward to it every week. How about trying another night?? Please reconsider.

Gretchen August 14, 2012 at 9:36 am

NYC 22 is an excellent show! It really is beyond me why it would be cancelled. The cast is great, good, heartwarming stories, and great character development. There is so much reality trash on the air, why cancel a great drama????