NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

ray March 22, 2013 at 10:41 pm

it’s sad when I find a show I like on Netfilx and look for a second season and the show has been cancelled. It’s a shame that good acting is not appreciated and dumb reality shows that are dropping the publics IQ is continued season after season. This is a great show and I really wish it was being brought back

Caridad March 16, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I really, really, like this show. I’m currently watching all the episodes, and can’t believe they cancelled it. I really wish they would’ve reconsidered

Caridad March 16, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I really, really like this show. I’m watching the episodes now, I wish it was never canceled. I love all the characters :(

Erich March 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm

NYC 22 is a ridiculous premise. Pairing rookie cops? Is this a drama or a comedy?

Dr Wain March 10, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I liked NYC22, I’m watching it for the first time on Netflix and checking to see when it will return. To my surprise it has been cancelled. Please bring it back it a good show.

maria March 1, 2013 at 9:09 pm

love nyc 22 , i dont understand why they cancelled the show. i also set my pvr to record the show

Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 12:43 am

Ohh no… It’s nothing like jersey shore or the kardashions (how ever that crap is spelt), we need to cancel this stupid show because its about real life people and their situations. “Major sarcasm”… Bad move canceling this show CBS!!!

DLR February 25, 2013 at 12:30 am

BRING IT BACKKKKK!!!

Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 4:29 am

Although it’s not a classical one, NYC 22 is still a nice one. I like it. Why did CBS cancel it? Unbelievable!

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 10:00 am

Great show. I was wondering what happened to it. That’s really too bad. My DVR was set to record the series. Bring it back it was good TV.

Kyle Winch February 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm

This should have never been cancled. Its amazing and good tv!!

Ramen Meyer February 16, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Great show……It is evident that American TV has taken a turn for the worse….Thia was a top notch series..

kymberley hopkins February 13, 2013 at 9:16 pm

this show should have never been cancelled the only problem was then it ran against the closer 2 hour repeats and psych bring it back a well written and directed show showing real everyday to day problems of the nypd they need to rethink this

Lawrence Husby February 6, 2013 at 2:05 pm

CBS should have never cancelled this show. it was well played, very well directed and thought out.

C.Melrose February 5, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Great show, I don’t know why they cancelled it.