Parenthood: NBC To Renew Series for Season Three [reports]

Parenthood season threeAccording to TV Line, Parenthood is nearing a third season renewal and it looks like it will be a full round of 22 episodes. Deadline also reports that the renewal is very likely.

Though nothing is certain until the official renewals come down, cancelling Parenthood would make little sense for NBC. Though Parenthood’s ratings have come down 20% since last season (currently averaging a 2.1 in the 18-49 demo versus 2.6), it’s still a solid player for the peacock network.

If NBC was in better shape things might be different but Parenthood is the second-highest rated drama on the network, behind only Law & Order SVU.

NBC will hold their advertiser upfronts on Monday morning but will release schedule information early once again, on Sunday. We’ll be covering the renewals and cancellations so be sure to bookmark and watch our NBC cancel/renew page.

What do you think? Do you want Parenthood to be renewed? What do you like about the TV series?

Priscilla December 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Great show as long as they stay on focus and not start making every one have sex with eachother and the neighbors.
I really liked the story line for Asbergers and also the recent one for sore losers it really helped my son see how he looked when he did the same thing and since then he stopped!
So keep on topic and remember there are still virgins in the world maybe try to focus on keeping that real.
Maybe Parenthood can be the catalyst for change in that two people can marry and be clean so as not to pass on diseases to their children and so on. Start a campaign to wipe out HIV and give girls the idea that yes they can be feminine and not have to show their bodies to prove that they are beautiful and not rely so much on the opposite sex to validate them.
Teach the fathers to uphold their daughters in a positive way so they don’t have to turn anywhere else for validation.

Nadine Donnelly December 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I truly hope this show continues. I’m 79 yrs. young and my entire family loves this show. It is so realistic of today’s family life, how could you not relate? Hope it returns very soon, I’m certain it will take hold. Perhaps it would do better in an earlier time slot.

RCBurr December 15, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Best show on T.V. Maybe a little to close to home for some families, but at least the show
depics a family that is still a family, something that America is sadly losing at a rapid pace. I’m as guilty as everyone. Families can be a pain in the rear but you never realize who much they mean to you until you lose them. Maybe why I like this show so much. Hope they don’t cancel it.

Allie June 13, 2011 at 3:38 am

I love this show! I hope its not being cancelled! All of a sudden it wasn’t on! I was faithful to watch it every week! And I never watch NBC at all. So, I hope it comes back!

Y June 1, 2011 at 8:23 am

This the BEST tv program on the air!!! Please do not cancel.

annette May 31, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I love the show. I have been missing it

jodi May 30, 2011 at 7:16 pm

It must come back on. It is a great show!!!

Meghan Salameno May 18, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I love parenthood… It shows real family drama that everyone can relate to. I find that Tuesday night is my favorite night because of this show, but it hasn’t been on and I have to find other things to watch which are not near as good…. Please keep in on!

Robyn May 16, 2011 at 6:57 pm

This would not be anything new for NBC. Cheers had HORRIBLE ratings their first season, but NBC didn’t have anything to replace it with, so it got to stay on. I think that they are lucky that the circumstances allowed them to have one of TV’s biggest hits of all time!

RecceR May 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I’m pleased about this. It’s kind of odd though, your article about Chuck says it already has been renewed and this one says Parenthood is “nearing renewal.” However, other sites are saying the complete opposite, along with Harry’s Law getting renewed. But, like you said, we will have to wait for Sunday to know for sure. Hope Parenthood does get a season 3, best drama on TV about family & life.

David May 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Personally, I think renewals like the low-rated Parenthood only show that NBC is not interested in growing as a network or getting a lot of viewers to its shows. If the show had significant grown in overall viewship in its 2nd season, I could understand, but it hasn’t. Maybe NBC see its future as viewership levels like the CW.

admin May 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

David » Possibly but they can’t cancel everything. There are plenty of shows that have worse than Parenthood that will still leave them with plenty of holes to fill.

Jeremy Rynek May 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Well yes I think it should be renewed. I tried this show last year. My expectations were low sense it was supposed to be a full season show last season, but was just a mid season show. It was much better than I would have though. I’m not the biggest Ron Howard fan honestly, but this is a decent show both me and my mom watch.

Jim May 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

cool. hope this gets renewed

Melissa May 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Parenthood is one of the best shows on TV, it can NOT be cancelled!!!!

Debbie May 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm

It’s one of my favorite shows. I can relate to the parents and the teens and I love that they are including Asperger’s Syndrome (Autism) to the storyline