Partners: Cancelled Show Wiped from CBS Website, People’s Choice Awards

Sorry Partners fans. If you were hoping that CBS might get around to releasing the remaining unaired episodes of the cancelled sitcom, you shouldn’t hold your breath. The network has completely deleted Partners from their website.

Just last week, you could find video of full episodes, clips, promos, synopses, biographies, and show photos on the network site. All traces of David Krumholtz, Michael Urie, Sophia Bush, and Brandon Routh have been deleted.

While Partners wasn’t a ratings success for CBS, it wasn’t a huge flop either. Heck, NBC and FOX would love to have more sitcoms with Partners’ numbers.

It’s curious that the network would so quickly wipe out all traces of a show that ran for six weeks but in the past they’ve kept immediate failures (like How to Be a Gentleman and 3) on their website for months.

On Saturday, Partners was deleted from the People’s Choice Award category for Favorite New TV Comedy.

While CBS promoted Partners’ nomination last week and the show is still listed as a nominee, you can’t actually vote for the show on the voting page any longer. The People’s Choice Award airs on CBS on January 9th.

It seems that CBS is trying to forget Partners as quickly as possible. Ah, Hollywood!

What do you think? Why do you think Partners was pulled from the CBS site so quickly? Would you be interested in purchasing the sitcom on DVD? Would you have voted for the show?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. john-john says

i am very DISAPPOINTED that CBS cancelled Partners, I love the show and I always have a good laugh every time I watch it. the cast is good, funny storylines. I don’t understand why they have to cancel it and CBS wont even show the rest of the remaining episodes. PLEASE BRING IT BACK or if not at least release the whole season on DVD

2. Kris G says

I don’t normally watch CBS anything. Until “Partners” that is. I love this show and I think had you given it just a little time it would have grown in to a power house. I hope you have a change of heart and bring this show back.

3. Ada Novak says

This is the same old story. A non-reality tv show that is well written, has a very talented cast which incidently has amazing chemistry and a kick ass timing. We watch it, fall in love with it and the FREAKIN NETWORK CANCELLS IT!!!! WTF!!
    I guess the point is for people to just stop watching tv. At this rate there will be nothing worth watching !!!

4. jacki3e johnson says

Sooo many BAD sit-com’s on TV soooooo bad and sooooo boring. One good one and Bam! Cancelled. Don’t understand who is in charge of thinking these shows are “Funny” Who ever it is – I feel sorry for you!!!!! I have tried to watch these “Great shows” and cannot see who thinks they are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. says

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT CBS CANCELED THIS SHOW. I thought it was well written, the cast was great; and the show was VERY FUNNY. I honestly thought it could have been the next Will & Grace. CBS, PLEASE BRING IT BACK.

6. john w says

Really upset they cancelled this show. It was funny and my son and i looked forward to seeing it on Mondays. Maybe one of the other networks will by the rights to the show. Sorry to see CBS drop the ball again.

7. K says

I’m so disappointed they canceled it. It was such a fun show! I did think the cast was a bit homogeneous in that most sitcoms et al have more diversity in characters’ appearances (they were almost exclusively brunettes). I actually thought Sophia Bush was horrid in the role. Everyone else was fabulous; great interaction. Some sort of media storm must have been brewing to get CBS to yank it so quickly. Did someone else claim the idea was theirs first and in order to hush a lawsuit, they yanked all traces?? I would absolutely buy the DVD set.

8. brittney says

Its absolutely ridiculous that CBS cancelled this show. While it had some rough parts it was a really funny show. CBS barely gave it a shot to be amazing. I’m really disappointed in CBS and honestly it just means they lost me watching their channel even more. I barely liked any of their shows to begin with and they cancel one of their only good shows. They ruined two and a half men and are barely keeping rules of engagement alive… CBS really just doesn’t know what they are doing.

9. Russian55 says

This show had a good concept, but bad execution. The cast (except Brandon Routh) was terrible, especially Michael Urie, who was way over the top.

10. Johnna says

I loved the show and I’m so upset its not playing any longer. Watching this show automatically put me in a better mood and kept cracking up laughing after a long crummy day at work. I hope CBS changes their mind because I would totally buy the DVD!!

11. Ostara63 says

I just Googled to find out what happened to Partners! I think it is terrible that CBS cancelled this show. The show was great! It was funny and the quality of the writing was very good. The humor in all types of relationships, while everyone trying to make things work was a good combination! It appears CBS is not in touch with viewers’ opinions of quality.