Partners: Cancelled Show Wiped from CBS Website, People’s Choice Awards

Sorry Partners fans. If you were hoping that CBS might get around to releasing the remaining unaired episodes of the cancelled sitcom, you shouldn’t hold your breath. The network has completely deleted Partners from their website.

Just last week, you could find video of full episodes, clips, promos, synopses, biographies, and show photos on the network site. All traces of David Krumholtz, Michael Urie, Sophia Bush, and Brandon Routh have been deleted.

While Partners wasn’t a ratings success for CBS, it wasn’t a huge flop either. Heck, NBC and FOX would love to have more sitcoms with Partners’ numbers.

It’s curious that the network would so quickly wipe out all traces of a show that ran for six weeks but in the past they’ve kept immediate failures (like How to Be a Gentleman and 3) on their website for months.

On Saturday, Partners was deleted from the People’s Choice Award category for Favorite New TV Comedy.

While CBS promoted Partners’ nomination last week and the show is still listed as a nominee, you can’t actually vote for the show on the voting page any longer. The People’s Choice Award airs on CBS on January 9th.

It seems that CBS is trying to forget Partners as quickly as possible. Ah, Hollywood!

What do you think? Why do you think Partners was pulled from the CBS site so quickly? Would you be interested in purchasing the sitcom on DVD? Would you have voted for the show?

Anonymous January 10, 2013 at 11:45 pm

From what I saw, the gay character was hilarious, very talented (his not looking in the eye under questioning routine). It seems like this show is one of many new “gay” shows, I’m just surprised this one didn’t make it and The New Normal did. Maybe this wasn’t gay enough to be edgy.

Ling January 10, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Partners is a really funny and amazing show. CBS should get them back.

Riley Freeman January 6, 2013 at 10:45 pm

What’s the matter CBS? You come up with a great show then loose your nerve/heart. The show was funny for real and catching on . What was its/your/who’s problem??? Grow up!!!! This is the real world. I’m sure the Gays will be up in arms. It would serve you right if they ban you. As a hetero man I know I am!!!!!!!!

Shannon January 6, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Im betting some people had just enough time to complain about the content!
This show was HILARIOUS!

Jeff Johnson January 6, 2013 at 9:07 am

Hmm, Network tv is following the example of the auto industry (at least those auto makers that no longer exist). When a product gets popular, stop making it.

Anonymous January 5, 2013 at 3:45 pm

loved it and upset it was cancelled

Crystal December 20, 2012 at 1:05 am

So disappointed! I miss coming home to Partners on my DVR!

VI December 19, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Loved the show, completely surprised at the decision they made to remove it. Would love to buy it on DVD is possible.

Miranda December 17, 2012 at 7:26 pm

That’s crazy I loved t was really funny and I love Sophia bush!

Melissa Hubbel December 17, 2012 at 2:21 pm

The show wasn’t good. It tried too hard to be Will and Grace. I know Max was the creator of this show and Will and Grace but you can do so much. It fell flat.

eric December 15, 2012 at 5:25 am

What the #$@&! That show was so funny and smart. Bring it back CBS!

J. Addison December 9, 2012 at 9:37 pm

very sorry to see this show canceled. liked it very much. funny and cute. why are shows that seem to be more intelligently made canceled so quickly?

Terri December 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This show was not as bad as some of the other new shows. The male nurse was HOT.
I watched the show just to look at him. Bye Partners, sorry to see you go.

Michelle December 8, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I was wondering what happened to this show and I am very sad to see it has been canceled. It was hilarious! My husband and I would crach up watching the show. I would love to see it come back on tv. CBS you made a mistake letting this show go.

Grace Gierhart December 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I have been checking my dvr for episodes of Partners and have been disappointed to not see any. Finally searched for info and now I am VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! Loved the show. Please put the whole season on dvd so that I can buy it. Still disappointed though.