Passions: Who Won’t Survive the Move to DirecTV?

Brook Kerr on PassionsAs Passions fans are well aware, NBC cancelled the supernatural soap back in January and it will leave the network on September 7, 2007. Luckily for some, the serial will resume on DirecTV’s The 101 channel beginning September 17th. To cut costs, the series will air only four days a week and some characters will be dropped as well. Will your favorites survive the move?

Yesterday, NBC announced they have signed the following actors to new contracts: Eric Martsolf (Ethan), Ben Masters (Julian), Kim Johnston Ulrich (Ivy), Dylan Fergus (Noah), Galen Gering (Luis), Emily Harper (Fancy), Lindsay Hartley (Theresa), Liza Huber (Gwen), James Hyde (Sam), Juliet Mills (Tabitha), Heidi Mueller (Kay), Tracey Ross (Eve), Eva Tamargo (Pilar), McKenzie Westmore (Sheridan) and Erin Cardillo (Esme).

Among the missing are: Silvana Arias (Paloma), Adrian Bellani (Miguel), Charles Divins (Chad), Brook Kerr (Whitney), and Mark Cameron Wystrach (Fox).

Will these departures impact the series? Some don’t think so. Vice-president of Daytime at NBC Universal Annamarie Kostura said, “We are thrilled that the principal cast members will continue on the show. It is important that the fans know that the show will still be the same after the move.” Patty Ishimoto, General Manager of DirecTV Entertainment, said of the signed contracts, “This is great news for fans of the show who will be able to seamlessly join their favorite characters for new adventures on The 101.”

Unfortunately, there’s still no word if Passions fans will be able to see their soap online or any other way other than subscribing to DirecTV. We’ll let you know if that changes. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

May August 1, 2007 at 4:13 pm

NBC has made a deal with the devil in robbing Passions fans of the show and not even running episodes online.

Until NBC runs Passions online, I will no longer view anything on NBC.

Considering NBC is becoming all game shows and cheap programming, the network will continue to be easy to ignore, and your selling off good programming is facilitating abandoning you for us all.

Buh-bye.

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 10:48 am

I can’t believe I won’t be able to see passions anymore. direct tv sucks where i am at. I know a lot of people that really like this show and say there is know way they are switching to Dtv. I will miss passions.

Heather July 31, 2007 at 5:29 am

Is there ANY way to view Passions once it turns to DirecTv, other than subscribing? Online, on ANY cable channel, anywhere?? I have written NBC and various other sources with NO response.. I am a disabled woman who relies on these little things to get me through VERY painful days.. and this is a burden that I just don’t need! Please send me an email if you know of any way to view the show.. I cannot subscribe to DTV where I am located at the moment, as the location does not allow the signal to catch.

Lorraine Snyder July 17, 2007 at 7:13 pm

I am not happy about 4 hours of the today show. Passions is a fun soap and takes the worries out of my life if only for an hour a day. I will probably find another soap to watch on another channel.NBC is going to lose a lot of people that liked Passions ..

Mark July 16, 2007 at 3:40 pm

No, they will not air Passions on GLobal TV anymore but they will air it on HD-TV CANADA, its a new t.v. network in Canada.

Too bad, I’d have to stop watch Passions because of the move. I’m disappointed Whitney will make it. :(

Sue Krueger July 14, 2007 at 9:43 am

I will miss Passions. It’s the only soap that I liked. Its really different, then the rest. We don’t have direct t.v. so, I won’t get to see it. It makes me sad, that I’ll miss, the only show I truely loved. N.B.C. you suck. Please reconsider and bring it back.

SANDY July 13, 2007 at 4:54 pm

it’s about time nbc cancelled this stupid show. i stopped watchin years ago after ppl kept dyin and cummin back to life. this soap is bull sh*t.

Colleen July 3, 2007 at 5:20 pm

I am not getting Direct TV! I am soooo upset about NBC not renewing. Hopefully I can see it on-line or on soapnet. Who wants to see more hours of The Today Show??!! YUCK

chimere Higdon July 2, 2007 at 10:15 pm

I hate nbc now passions is one of the best shows on daytime TV. Don’t they think of the fans? They are making a big big big mistake!!!!!!

Tamara June 16, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Those NBC jerks. Why didnt they keep everyone? They kicked off alot of my favourite characters. I wonder if it will be airing on Global tv in Canada?

nbc_hater June 13, 2007 at 11:44 am

I cant believe nbc is canceling passions. they obiously have no clue what their viewers want all over the internet hundreds of loyal fans are in an up roar I have spent the last few days looking over the pages of dissapointed fans this is truly sad that we all have been let down and if id does in-fact happen I among many others will NEVER watch the channel again!

dave kennedy June 11, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Eventhough, those cast memebers were not signed, I would think they will probaly recast most of those roles

Will it still air on Global in Canada?

CMG June 6, 2007 at 8:53 pm

it seems that my fav characters on passions wont be joining with the move to directTV so i probably wont be interested in the show anymore, its a shame, i really did like that show…oh well…we all cant win…god i hate nbc!!! they dont think about the fans only thierselves and putting money in thier own pockets

chante May 26, 2007 at 8:25 pm

i’m very disappointed that “passions” will be moved to direct tv..everyone doesn’t have cable..oh well, i’ll keep up with the episodes thru soap opera digest/internet updates or watch the episodes online..

Floridian May 26, 2007 at 5:20 pm

I don’t intend to get directv just to see a soap and think most others will agree. It would be nice to see passions replays on soapnet