Persons Unknown: Watch the (likely) Last Episode; Are You Satisfied?

Persons UnknownLast night, NBC aired the final two episodes of their mystery-thriller series, Persons Unknown. The show revolves around a group of people who wake up in a small town and must figure out how to survive and escape. The cast includes Chadwick Boseman, Lee Purcell, Jason Wiles, Andy Greenfield, Daisy Betts, Tina Holmes, Alan Ruck, Kate Lang Johnson, Sean O’Bryan, and Gerald Kyd.

NBC waited until summer to air Persons Unknown; a time when fewer people watch television and their isn’t much competition. On Monday nights, it got very poor ratings, even for a summer show, and was consequently sent to the TV graveyard known as Saturday nights.

Remi Aubuchon, one of the show’s executive producers, has said that the show was originally envisioned to have self-contained seasons but could easily run for multiple years. Based on the ratings and their treatment of the series, it is highly unlikely that NBC will bring Persons Unknown back for a second season.

What do you think? In all likelihood, last night’s installment is the final episode. What do you think of the Persons Unknown finale? Were enough questions answered in “Shadows in the Cave” to satisfy you?

More October 7, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I likef it. Now its gone from hulu like it nevr existed

Mike September 29, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I loved the series. This is why I never listen to critics. I found that them graduating to level 2, on a ship, was outstanding. I hope they come out with a second season.

Judy September 18, 2010 at 6:17 am

I can’t believe I missed the ending of the show I’ve been watching all summer!! Why would they put it on a different night and not advertise it? I hope they re-run the episode so that people like me can see what happened. Very disappointed in Michigan…

Mr Anonymous September 17, 2010 at 7:25 am

Seemed like a cheap show to make. It was good, but those reporters were lame. Shouldn’t cost that much to make a few more episodes should it ? Not much risk is there?

Gynx September 16, 2010 at 4:22 am

yeah i love this episode and i’m waiting for episode2

oakland1000 September 15, 2010 at 9:59 am

I got tired of this show early on. All of it was contrived. They re-invented the wheel because all they did was bring back Lost from an island environment and put it in an isolated town.
It only goes to show you that there are copycats galore writing “new” scripts/scenarios in Hollywood.

dori September 15, 2010 at 8:54 am

Pls let there be a season 2 because enough questions were not answered for me. I love this show and it kepted moving around and not enough advertising telling people who wanted to watch where it would be and what time. PLEASE BRING IT BACK AND ADVERTISE IT. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothea R. Rubin September 15, 2010 at 6:05 am

WE NEVER SAW A SCHEDULE FOR THE LAST SHOW. WHERE CAN WE SEE THE FINALE EPISODE AND WILL THERE BE A SECOND SEASON?

K September 14, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I love this show! I need a season 2. Please someone pick it up for next season. Maybe a different network.

jacktheripper September 13, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I really enjoyed watching this show. However, the network said that all the questions would be answered. That was obviously not true. So yes, the network was not truthful. My solution to the fact that the networks frequently cancel good shows is that I begin by watching more shows with good descriptions than I can handle and as some of those shows drop off, I still have some good ones left.

Marion September 12, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I just finished watching it on On Demand, because I could never find it on the schedule. Loved the premise, was intrigued by the finale, but was disappointed throughout by the pretty much poor acting. Several of the actors obviously have acting chops, but the lead actress (Janet Cooper) was hard to watch. Some of the characters were not well- developed, such as the marine. I do hope it comes back, maybe with the focus on a different character (maybe a new character) besides Janet.
This could’ve been a hit, but seemed to get little support from the network–often the reason good shows go off.

greg September 12, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I love it.. I can not believe they will kill this

Finally a TV show that makes you think at different levels

Hope they find a way to bring it back

Johnny September 11, 2010 at 9:06 pm

So another compelling show bites the dust. Journeyman, Kings, just to name two, were also quality programs that did poorly in the ratings. But you know what does well–reality t.v. We’ve become such a nation of idiots, that shows like “The Bachelor/Bachelorette, The real houswives of New Jersey, Kate plus 8, (and sadly–too many more to mention), have totally captured our imagination. It’s really pathetic when you think about it. Can we find nothing more entertaining than tuning in nightly to watch how “little people live in a big world? And someone please tell me–what is so interesting about a woman whose only accomplishment was to produce a litter of children. Are our lives so boring that we’ve turned into voyeurs, titillated by the low-class behavior of total strangers living in New Jersey? Or how about following the lives of morbidly obese people as they struggle to lose weight, then there’s the “good people” who are down on their luck but lucky enough to get their home completely renovated. Even the games shows have gotten in on the act. More and more they’re getting away from their regular format–answer or choose correctly, and win cash and/or prizes. Now so-called reality games like “Survivor” and Wipe-Out” are becoming the norm. It’s come to a point where all I watch is CNN. When I want escapist entertainment, I watch cable tv shows or I buy dvd’s. I’m not even going to bother with this seasons’s fall line-up because I know I’m going to end up disappointed when they cancel the best shows and keep all the drivel.
I’ll miss “Persons Unknown” just like I used to miss “Journeyman” & “Kings” but I’ve learned to resign myself to the fact that like all the other good shows before it, it won’t be back and no matter how much we fans of the show complain, the network execs are ruled by the sponsers who don’t care about anything but selling their wares.

Eric September 11, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I hope they’ll let me know if there’s a Season Two, so I can be sure not to watch it. The season finale was a complete disaster, and not since the first season finale of “Twin Peaks” do I feel this lied to by a television network. Why is NBC in fourth place? Perhaps because they use deceptive advertising?

Stephen Saucedo September 11, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Despite some intriguing early episodes and a couple of interesting characters, I don’t believe the creators devised a durable enough premise to sustain anymore programs. The longer the show went, the more contrived it got, like it’s situations and non-resolutions were simply being done to fill a set number of episodes. The longer it ran, the more repetitive and ridiculous things got, especially the whole investigative reporter thing. I enjoyed it while it lasted, however.

Jeanette September 10, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I LOVED this series! I need more!! I had to catch most of it on Hulu cause of my schedule. I cant wait to see shat happens if there is a season 2!