Ready for Love: Cancelled, Replaced by Grimm

Ready for Love canceled?NBC has given Ready for Love the boot. The network has dumped the dating series and announced that they’re moving Grimm to Tuesdays at 10pm, beginning April 30th. A two hour version of The Voice will fill the 8-10pm timeslots on that night (as previously planned).

Grimm will remain on Tuesday nights through May 21st. Dateline will take over Grimm’s spot on Friday nights for the forseeable future.

It’s unknown if or when NBC will get around to airing the remaining episodes of Ready for Love. If the network still airs this Tuesday night’s installment, they’ll have five episodes leftover. The finale had been set for May 28th.

What do you think? Are you hoping to see the rest Ready for Love? Are you sorry to hear that NBC is pulling it?

leebee April 27, 2013 at 8:45 am

I’ve already invested my time in the first episodes … I want to at least KNOW how and/or who the guys end up with.

donna April 26, 2013 at 9:54 am

That is just stupid not to let the show finish out. Does NBC think only about their profits and not what maybe the people may want. Just we needed a very depressing horrid crime show to make us all sleep well. It is just nice to relax and enjoy a light show without people getting slashed, murdered, and it all is the same crap!!

Thanks so much NBC…take Jay off the air who I love and now this!!

nancy April 24, 2013 at 11:24 pm

i love this show i think it is a shame to take off all the good shows. they should at least finish the rest of the episodes before they cancel it.

Jeri Lynn April 24, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Great idea to cancel it. I personally thought it sucked and I generally love all things TV. I watched the first 2hr episode and felt like it wasn’t over fast enough. It just drug on forever it felt like. And that was it for me, I got the concept and the idea of the show and didn’t like it. I do however, think it may of done better with one hour shows versus two. Sorry but 2hrs is just way too long for me and most other ppl. It’s hard to keep ppl’s attention for 2hrs unless it’s a movie or The Bachelor:)

I feel bad for Eva Longoria though, bc she put so much time and energy into it. She’s the only reason I gave the show a chance in the 1st place. I loved her on Desperate Housewives so I was looking forward to Ready for Love. It just wasn’t good. I am looking forward to her new show on Lifetime, ‘Devious Maids’ I think it’ll be good:)

Marilyn April 24, 2013 at 5:52 pm

My friends and I were really enjoying the show….can we at least find a way to
see who the men picked at the end? Very unfair to not finish out the series!

Juliee April 24, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Good grief, finish the season then cancel if you want. Your going to make people stop watching channel 9 altogether if you don’t finnish anything.

RAE April 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I LOVED this show! It’s different than The Bachelor. I think it’s taken a fresh spin on an old idea and it’s the ONLY show I look forward to seeing every week. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

Elizabeth April 24, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I am shocked to hear them pull the show after only three episodes. I cannot imagine all the money that goes into such a show, but pulling it because ratings are low until a fan base can be built makes no sense to me. Why not give the investment a chance to succeed. In any event, will we ever know who gets Tim, Ben or Ernesto? These rating wars are brutal.

kathleen April 24, 2013 at 12:31 am

I agree with ALALA It just started it needs more time

kathleen April 24, 2013 at 12:29 am

It just needed more time!!

Jane April 23, 2013 at 11:30 pm

I LOVE this SHOW!! How Dare you cancel this without telling us how it ends!! SHAME ON YOU NBC!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Gina April 23, 2013 at 11:08 pm

This is an awesome show and needed to be explained more to the public. They assumed it was like all the other dating shows, but it’s not. I love this show and look forward to it every week. I love how the matchmakers giving dating tips and call the girls out on mistakes and tell them how to fix it. I know I have learned a lot. If NBC would market it better this would be one of their most successful shows. Grimm is disgusting and demonic and should not be on TV. This show really helped so many with things to do and not do if you have not found love yet. Please, please reconsider this decision!!! Just focus your marketing of the show on how the matchmakers help the woman and it would be a success!!!

Bethany April 23, 2013 at 4:38 am

The only “dating shows” I have ever or will ever watch are the funny/fake ones like Rock of Love and the like. I did enjoy that one on E, but not enough to even remember its name. Burning Love or something like that. It was pretty funny. But to think that anyone is honestly expecting to find a love connection via one of these programs is just idiotic in the extreme. So to hear that NBC even toyed with the idea of sinking so low was a disappointment. Now maybe they can make room to bring back more episodes of the really good shows they already had in their vault like Animal Practice or Guys with Kids. (Yes I know Animal Practice was CXed as well, but when a show gets my family together every week to watch it, and then again multiple times on DVR… you can’t help but hope that the network will get over themselves and bring back one of the few good shows that came of the 2012/2013 viewing season.)

Roxanne April 23, 2013 at 3:10 am

I would have liked to have seen the entire season. Very weird to pull it right after we were introduced to the contestants.

ALALA April 22, 2013 at 7:17 pm

It just needed more time!!