Real Time with Bill Maher: HBO Series Renewed for Season Eight

Real Time with Bill MaherThe political chatter will continue. HBO has renewed Real Time with Bill Maher for an eighth season.

The hour-long talk show debuted in February 2003 and has become a staple of HBO’s Friday night schedule. Like Maher’s previous series, Real Time features a panel of guests who discuss current events and politics, often with a comedic tone.

Season seven averaged about 1.2 million viewers for its initial broadcasts; 4.1 million if you add in repeats and on-demand.

Season eight of Real Time is scheduled to kick off on Friday, February 19th. It’ll be moving an hour earlier however, to 9pm, with an encore at 11pm.

What do you think? Is Real Time with Bill Maher a staple of your week? Do you care that it’ll be airing an hour earlier?

Canceled and renewed TV show

14 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dana says

I look forward to Bill Maher every Friday night. The time change wouldn’t make a difference to me.

2. terry haigh says

I really enjoy Real Time! As a matter of fact, our entire family rallies around the TV set on Friday nights to watch and be “informed.” Yes, I do feel strongly Bill Maher informs all of us, especially the tards (the 20% of the population who still think Bush was a great President!). And, he makes us laugh hysterically; i.e. NEW RULES … just keeps getting better. And, he could NEVER make up “this ****.” Crap happens all over and we thank Maher for bringing the [crap]issues to the forefront, even if they are ugly and come in the form of dumb-ass republicans!!!!!

3. Lew Lorin says

The best and most realistic show on television..I have taped many of his shows and or parts of others..The best show of all time was the
    February 19th show which
    I watched 4 times and then taped it.. Tonight’s show was good but it’s going to take one hell of a show
    to beat the 2/19th show.. LL

4. Judith says

Thank you! I am counting the days from one season ends and until the next begin.
    Even though I now live in Europe I still have to get my weekly shot of Bill Maher. He is very thoughtprovoking.

5. Liz D says

I am SOOOOO happy he is renewed! He speaks the realism that others are too afraid say. And, Yes!!!!, so glad to hear it is on a little earlier. My husband and I wont fall asleep waiting for it to come on!

6. Kathleen S says

I love his show!!! Do NOT cancel it, ever! His comments/views are what most people feel and think, on some issues that is, but he’s friggin funny! Don’t retire Bill! And thank you for being you.

7. Jean says

My husband and I love Bill Maher and really miss him when he’s gone. Can’t wait until February 19th. Without humor, sometimes this life ain’t so grand.

8. ABBdoc says

I’m so glad that Bill has been renewed, it is without a doubt the stand out political show in the USA, all we have here in the UK is The Thick Of it, which tho’ funny isn’t real as its a situation comedy based on UK politics and Civil Servants…
    Regards to all and thanks for BM

9. Johnny Lounge says

Hey Guy’s at HBO thank you for the warning, I will make sure to get My Gilligan’s Island reruns out at 900 Friday night. Appreciate the Head’s Up! Or Bill’s head somewhere else.