Red Widow: Ratings

Red Widow TV show ratingsABC didn’t find ratings success with 666 Park Avenue and cancelled the show. How will Red Widow in the same timeslot? Will it be cancelled as well or end up being renewed instead? Time will tell.

This TV series follows a widowed mom who finds herself indebted to the Russian mob and under scrutiny from the FBI. The cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic. The show typically airs Sunday nights on ABC. The network has ordered eight episodes.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Red Widow is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: ABC has cancelled this show after one season.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.93 million total viewers.

Episode 01-08: Sunday, 05/05/13
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 3.41 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 4.93 million.

Episode 01-07: Sunday, 04/28/13
0.7 in the demo (-30% change) with 3.47 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 1.14 in the demo with 5.15 million.

Episode 01-06: Sunday, 03/31/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 4.08 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.22 in the demo with 5.43 million.

Episode 01-05: Sunday, 03/24/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 4.55 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.26 in the demo with 5.70 million.

Episode 01-04: Sunday, 03/17/13
1.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 4.36 million (-18% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 5.98 million.

Episode 01-03: Sunday, 03/10/13
1.1 in the demo (-27% change) with 5.31 million (-26% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 6.52 million.

Episodes 01-01 & 01-02: Sunday, 03/03/13
1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.13 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 7.13 million.

It was a poor start for Red Widow. Compared to last year’s premiere of GCB, the network was down by 32% in the demo (vs a 2.2 rating) but was down by 6% in viewership (vs 7.56 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Red Widow TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

anonymous May 1, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I love the show a lot, I cannot wait for Sunday night to come!!! Please don’t cancel the show. It’s a great program. Red widow projects strength and tenacity. It’s what a lot of people could relate to in times of adversity.

isabel April 30, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I really like it. It may not have had the best start but there is plenty of room to grow.
They also have an awesome cast that acts really well.

A viewer April 30, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I really enjoy this show. I too think it should have been advertised/promoted better. Worth renewing compared to most of the Sunday drivel on tv. Keep it!

Micka April 30, 2013 at 2:24 am

I love this show marvelous story line that’s has me on the edge for exciting enterinment throughout this whole season.

xxrachel09xx April 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I love this show! Please keep it on the air =] This show is so awesome and it is a show that I would love to continue to follow. This show is a great thriller, I jump almost every episode, I am always on the edge of my seat. I love the cast and how the show has played out so far. Luther is very sexy and so is Schiller. Please continue to wow us viewers with another season.

Kay April 29, 2013 at 3:53 pm

We have watched from the beginning and love it, and look forward to it….actors are terrific, story line is great, different…..I love the actor who played in Hell on Wheels and is the lead actress’ ‘dead’ husband……would love to see that show back on again and hate his demise came so suddenly….anyway hope to see Red Widow on another season….love, love, love…

Jenna April 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love this show! Think it is one of the best on the network. Just don’t think they advertised it well.

mandy April 29, 2013 at 2:06 am

Keep it going have a second season. This should have had huge ratings. I can tell you the reason why didn’t:

1) When you ran the pilot you did not say or advertise when it would start if you did advertise it was very little because I was waiting for it to come one and googled and found out i had missed 3 episodes.

2)There is nothing on Thursdays @ 10pm better than this show. So again advertise
(also advertise on different networks like they did for The Following which is also my fav show on Mondays.)

3) To fix the problem advertize the heck out of it and replay the first season again people don’t like to start a second season and have to go find a place to catch up on what happened in the first season. And that is exactly what they would have todo if they wanted to start watching it to understand what is going on.

So lets recap advertise advertise advertise then run the first season again and that there will be a second season so heres the rfirst seaon for all to catch up on that did’t get a chance the first time around. Make sure you tell when and where and what time and what network it will be on And im telling you It will be a HIT!!!!!!!!

Your very welcome I do except tips for my hard work! lol
Mandy

cmue April 28, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Love the show!!! Please keep it going

dms April 28, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Great show , don’t cancel.

Audra April 27, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Keep it going, it’s a good show and keeps improving.

It’s the Sopranos with a woman lead. You go, girl!

If you don’t keep it, sell it to one of the cable networks, let them keep it going & reap the rewards. The viewers will find it & follow it.

Phyllis Lancaster April 25, 2013 at 8:45 pm

love this show especially the sexy man ,who i don’t know what his name is, but he compromises her. I dvr everything like most people do because we get to watch a lot more shows this way.

Nancy April 24, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I LOVE this show! It’s my favorite, please keep it!

Anonymous April 22, 2013 at 6:56 pm

great show renew it

rose April 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

i do like this show which is so amazing and promising. it shows that everyone whoever it is has it own flaws,which is so real and nature.i did enjoy it ,especially for the moment matra would do anything to protect her family and kids, how powerful and wonderful she is.
i think this show is worth ths shot.