Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

492 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. joann jackson says

Well thanks Wayne for the info. By fhe way, if I seen the air date for season Two I would’nt have posted my question. What would the world do without people like you. Anyway, God bless and I hope you have a better day.

2. Ruth Kinsey says

This show is very good when it does come back on I think it should be for more than just 8 weeks at a time.

3. Lcapril6 says

My son and I hooked on this show. It was part of our Sunday line up. Please bring it back. You just can’t leave us hanging.
    Thank you.

4. Bene Felipe says

Please, I want to know what is going on, why they’re coming back and what is going to happen to the people of Arcadia.

5. Kfal13 says

I love the show. First few episodes were great, then got a little stale in the middle and the finale made me want more. Can’t wait for season 2.

6. Ruth Gotschall says

The show ” Resurrection, ” is great! It does make you think. What if it was real and we all had family coming back into our lives. How would each of our lives be affected? It is a nice, clean, family show. No profanity or nudity. That’s refreshing. Bring back Reserection!!! Thank you.

7. luis says

i think it was quite good in the beginning but then it became pretty silly bad acted and awfully wrote after the 4th episode

8. Robbin says

I love the show… My husband and I been waiting to see if the family find there baby… He deployed now but when the show come back on I will record every episode. So when do it come back on???