Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

Neal July 23, 2014 at 5:13 am

I was intrigued by the commercials promoting this new show and I was hoping it would not be stupid or immature. Much to my relief it is neither and it actually feels like those who have a loved one “return” even though their physical remains from when they died are still in their graves gives the writers many choice in how they wish to twist and turn. And I hope for lots of plot and character twists as long as they are within the fairly vast area of …Suspention of Disbelief”…which any fantasy, or Sci Fi based fantasy shows ask from the viewers. Oddly enough on a somewhat related other excellent still running show. I chose to watch it from the pilot and the writers apparently forgot or added after the first show, that the main character is not affected by those people who have “troubles”. I’m talking about Haven and Audrey is certainly affected by everything generated by a “troubled person” which was either forgotten, or changed because they finally actually read the Short Story by Stephen King the show is based upon. I love the book, and I really like the show. But I digress…

I enjoyed watching Ressurection very much each week and then for seemingly no reason, the show just stopped. No cliffhanger, no anything to indicate the last aired show was going to be the final episode of what will be one of the shortest seasons of a show that has been renewed for a second season.

This isn’t The Walking Dead which originally was only supposed to be a six part mini-series, but due to the tremendous following, they had to rewrite the last two episodes of the show so it could continue beyond six episodes. So that having only six shows as a season is understandable and thrilled it’s still going although I’m not sure where they’ll wind up with the all the characters in the main cast that have been killed off these past two seasons.

I hope the show at least picks up again soon just to finish what I’d call a first season. Then look forward to the second season.

Charlene July 22, 2014 at 11:59 pm

very happy

joseph phillips July 22, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Shawna kinney July 22, 2014 at 5:16 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! I live this show so much!! It’s not very often you find an original story line. I watched every episode religiously

Dorothy July 21, 2014 at 8:38 am

I love this show, you never know what’s going to happen each time you watch it. When will it be on again? Love it…

Carolyn July 21, 2014 at 6:41 am

I love Resurrection. It’s one of the best series on tv. Please don’t let it be cancelled. Looking forward to season2! Please let us know when it will be back on.

Davina Miller July 20, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I love this show, I haven’t been this involved in a show since House, I’m happy they are keeping it on the air! I can’t wait for season 2! When does it start?

Becky July 20, 2014 at 1:05 pm

love this show, when does the second season start?

Karen July 19, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Finally a show worth watching. Looking forward to season 2.

Joyce July 18, 2014 at 9:20 pm

PLEASE! Do not cacel this show! It is one of the few network shows I still watch. The twists and turns are wonderful! Just because it makes us think doesn’t mean it should be cancelled.

Connie Z July 18, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Love the show. When will season 2 start?

Kelly July 18, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I’d like to know what happened on the season finale? On Comcast OnDemand there are only five episodes ending with one where all these people are being held in a church? When does this mysterious 2nd season start?

Gayla Tolbert July 28, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Sept 28

Kay July 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I LOVE this show. I’ve been telling everyone i know about it. I think if they changed the time/date then more people would watch.

Crystal July 18, 2014 at 3:09 am

I like the show and would like to see more.I would love to see 2nd Season resurrection please bring the show back thank you

Shawn July 17, 2014 at 2:58 pm

It is one of the best shows to come out in a long time. DO NOT CANCEL!