Resurrection: Cancel or Keep ABC’s Newest Show?

Resurrection TV show on ABC: canceled or renewed?ABC certainly needs some successful new shows and hasn’t had much luck this season. Shows like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Mind Games have already been cancelled while Betrayal surely will be. How about Resurrection? Will it be dropped or renewed for season two?

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

The series received a lot of promotion and launched early this month to a 3.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.9 million total viewers. That was a very impressive start — the highest-rated mid-season network debut in two years.

It’s not all good news however. In week two, the ratings dropped 19%. In week three, they dropped another 18%, to a 2.6 demo rating with 9.5 million.

While these declines are significant, the show’s ratings are still very healthy — particularly for Sunday nights. ABC has been having a lot of trouble on that night and Resurrection is the best news they’ve seen in awhile.

The next few weeks’ ratings will play a big role in deciding the show’s fate. As long as the numbers level off soon, it’s a safe bet that ABC will renew Resurrection. If they plummet, season two will be more of a longshot.

But what do you think? Have you been watching Resurrection? If you ran the network would you cancel the series or renew it for 2014-15?

Bonnie April 13, 2015 at 4:33 pm

My sister and brother-in-law and I have all been watching it and are very disappointed that it was canceled, we seen the coming attractions for this season and really wanted to see it. Is there anywhere else we can watch this seasons?

Shelly March 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm

No please don’t cancel the show. If anything move it to another day.
I do watch The Walking Dead on Sunday because i have been watching it since the first season. I do however watch Ressurection on demand on Monday night. Please don’t cancel it.

rhonda February 21, 2015 at 11:30 am

Please bring resurrection back

Diana Bergholz February 20, 2015 at 1:00 am

This can not be cancled. It is almost the only thing worth to watch now and it keep me and my sister clinced to the screen every time.
It just have to continue……………
We will be watching it and look forward to season 3.

Traci E February 20, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Keep this show,Resurrection,please!! It’s a great show!! I look forward to watching it every week!!!

soulman February 21, 2015 at 1:27 am

I concur, they seem to have created a better show than they realized. I love the scripts, character and plot directions. I hope the network take this show more serious. I think they have a hit. Romance for Marty and Elle? Is Grandma really as bad as I originally thought?……..Stay Tuned!

Marissa January 30, 2015 at 8:42 pm

please dont cancel this show, I love how interesting it is , its one of my favorites

Tonya Martin January 27, 2015 at 10:32 am

I love this show! Please don’t cancel and renew for the third season.

Soulman January 27, 2015 at 2:32 am

Keep this show. I love it. Turned out Grandma wasn’t a total witch after all. Cool show, can’t wait for 2nd season. I’m sure there are some returns at my job. Hell Yeah!

Rose January 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm

PLEASE! keep the show going. You have to develop the romantic relationship between Epps and Doctor; also show how the birth of the baby changes the history of returned. Is the baby really evil, or was the preacher trying to keep the baby from it’s intended work? Early Christianity has many such myths associated with it. My hope is that it will return for season #3.

Traci E January 26, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Keep this show on,it is a GREAT show!!!

Karen January 26, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Please renew Resurrection. It is the best show on tv. I am always glued to the set when it’s on. I watch it faithfully. I have told everyone I know what a superior show it is. DON’T CANCEL RESURRECTION!!!

Jon January 26, 2015 at 2:09 pm

This is the first hour-long network drama I’ve followed every week since the 90s. The premise drew me in and the story kept me. I’m really disappointed they skipped an entire year of the mass of returned coming back because that could have made an interesting season 3. It seemed like the network didn’t care much about this show, the way they’d preempt it, and put new episodes up against big events like football playoffs. I hope I’m wrong. It’d be really interesting to see where they could take it from where they left off.