Rookie Blue: Episode Orders Split into Seasons Five and Six

Rookie Blue season fiveIn July 2013, ABC and Global TV had announced that they were jointly renewing Rookie Blue for a fifth season of 13 episodes.

In April 2014, they ordered nine more episodes. The plan was to air 11 this summer and the other 11 at a later date (likely during Summer 2015). Word was that they were all considered to be part of season five.

Now, Global TV says that the second batch of 11 episodes will be Rookie Blue’s sixth season. A representative tweeted, “The 22 episodes that were announced will air in an 11 episode S.5 (currently airing) & an 11 episode S.6, to air in 2015!”

What do you think? Do you enjoy Rookie Blue? Do you think season six will be the end of the series?

Sheena November 22, 2014 at 2:27 am

Love this show, please dont cancel it. So tired of seeing nothing but reality shows on tv anymore.

Deborah November 18, 2014 at 1:17 am

I sincerely hope the network sees these! PLEASE, PLEASE don’t cancel this series! !!! I don’t watch this show live. I record all of the shows so I can watch them with my husband. This is our favorite show!!!!

tina November 15, 2014 at 10:25 am

This is a great ethics teaching tool. Don not cancel ROOKIE BLUE!

Wanda November 12, 2014 at 8:26 am

Do not cancel the show
Correction!

Wanda November 12, 2014 at 8:25 am

Do not cancel tho show
It is great
I just finished watching all of the shows from
The first episode to the last on ion television.
It comes on 2 days and I am enjoying it all over
Again and others are now watching it with me
And waiting for the next season.
If it is not broke, why fix it!

Cajun momma November 8, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Love the show please don’t cancel. It’s one of the television shows I love to watch.

DuVall November 11, 2014 at 9:53 am

Why on earth would you cancel such a good show? I love it. As a matter of fact, I just finished watching the last few episodes so that I could remember the sequence of the last show. Cancel something else. Oh! cancel Gray’s Anatomy, it’s been on long enough.

Sunflower November 11, 2014 at 10:05 am

So many of us agree – but we are talking about ABC network notorious for cancelling favorite shows – and keeping ones til the death of them.

alexis October 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I love rookies blue please don’t cancel this show

Sunflower October 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I agree 100 percent but abc doesn’t really care about their serious fans only their demographic fans if you are outside this box u don’t count.

Richard R August 19, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I own a TV only to wash Rookie Blue. The rest is crap.

Sandy Spivey August 18, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I hope they don’t stop this series. It would be very disappointing. It is a great show with awesome characters. I love this show!

Heather August 18, 2014 at 2:05 am

I hope they keep rookie blue for a long time and I hope they keep it too. I like rookie blue and if they cancelled, they should bring back a another cop show.

Sunflower August 17, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I love this show and always find it so hard to wait for the show to return and then it goes so quickly – I hope they aren’t going to end this show in the USA from the rumors I’ve heard that is why they filmed 22 episodes. Please ABC stop doing this to fans – between ABC Family and ABC I’m not sure I want to see any new shows to get hooked on.

Joan August 17, 2014 at 10:25 am

I am not a fan of ‘cop’ shows but love this show and feel a real connection to the characters. I especially appreciate the diversity of each character not the usual cookie cutter cop identity presented on the other cop shows. Always look forward to the summer series return. Please keep the episodes coming!

vp44 August 16, 2014 at 7:53 pm

As long as they keep it on, I don’t care how they do it. Love the show and cast.