Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Tina December 4, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I am truly sorry that there will not be a season 8 for ROE..This was one of my favorite shows. Great Actors, and Actress and I will truly miss this show. This series could have gone on for ever now that there was a new baby. So sad…I hate when networks just end a series..

paul November 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I can’t believe this show was cancelled multiple times as it was hilarious. I guess too many people don’t have a sense of humour.Every time Jeff opened his mouth we were pretty much LOL. I think the PVR is killing a lot of show ratings as I record everything. If this show didn’t make it how do about 8 other shows that completely suck survive ? I hope it will come back as syndication is getting old. Thanks for reading

PHILL November 15, 2013 at 3:42 am

So sad to see it end – I would love to see the show raising kids, and the “marriage” between Timmy and Russell would provide a lot of comedic opportunities. Every one in my house will miss it – we love the entire cast – thanks to all for a well written, fun, family show.

Denise November 14, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I couldn’t believe how much I laugh with this show! It’s the funnies show since Seinfeld! It’s a shame my family & I won’t be enjoying new episodes…

ayush November 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

one of my fav. shows …. i dnt knw y did it`s rating went down
bt i hope they workout smething and atleast end the show properly

sad November 8, 2013 at 12:16 am

This was one of my favorite shows. I am super sad that it has been cancelled. My husband and I would laugh out loud to this show. :(

Darla November 4, 2013 at 1:53 am

I totally agree with Tina…those idiot execs sure made a huge mistake!! I don’t normally leave comments, but I just finished watching the 100th episode (I had it on my DVR), and Googled to see if it was really cancelled because I haven’t seen it on the fall schedule. I truly would love to see how Audry and Jeff handle her pregnancy along with their newborn!! And to see what antics Russell would put Timmy through (I NEVER saw that coming!). Also, Jennifer and silly Adam! I’m totally, completely bummed!!

Anonymous November 1, 2013 at 5:54 pm

RULES IS AS GOOD AS TAXI, CHEERS, WINGS ETC. WISH HAD A SEASON 8.

Mb October 28, 2013 at 2:19 am

I wish they would make season 8.
If you like shows like this one on net flix watch rising hope its good to

David A. Dotson October 28, 2013 at 1:28 am

Was looking forward to a new season of Rules of Engagement. Really look forward to new episodes. Wish it wasn’t cancelled. Like watching old episodes, but want to see what happens next. I’m sure the new season would be even funnier.

Anonymous October 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Sad to see this go. Wanted to see Jeff and Audrey with the baby and jen and Adam get married

Polly Demers October 25, 2013 at 6:36 am

Loved this show!! Best one ever! It’s absolutely ridiculous it was cancelled, everyone I have ever talked to loved this show! I looked forward to watching it every week and am so sad about it.

Meg October 23, 2013 at 12:13 am

Just finished the seven seasons on Netflix and I am truly disappointed that it will not continue. One of my favorite shows that my man and I enjoy to watch together…now we’ll have to find a new one!

tina October 21, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Once again, the mindless executives at CBS, have screwed up. Why would you cancel this show? It was funny, and the ensemble cast was great together. Face it asshole, you ****** up royally with this decision. Hey, why don’t we keep airing fuckin honey boo boo and gator boys. They equate to your intelligence level. I hope you tv executives get lost wherever they film Wrong Turn 7 and deliverance.

Jan October 15, 2013 at 7:41 am

Only found the show recently and have to say it is turning into one of my favourites. So sad to hear it is to be cancelled, it still had a few series to go. Will miss it.