Secret Millionaire: ABC Pulls Reality Series

secret millionaire episodes canceledThe alphabet network has cancelled their plans to continue airing their Secret Millionaire reality series.

ABC had ordered 13 installments for season three of Secret Millionaire and seven episodes have aired so far. The most recent episodes have fallen to a low of a 0.8 rating in the demo with 3.80 million viewers, no doubt in part because they aired opposite Olympic coverage on NBC.

Two episodes had been scheduled for tonight, August 19th, and September 2nd. They’re being replaced by reruns of Once Upon a Time.

The three remaining episodes of Secret Millionaire had been scheduled to air on Monday nights for three weeks at 10pm, starting on August 27th. They’re being replaced by repeats of Castle, the timeslot’s regular season occupant.

It’s unclear if or when the remaining installments of Secret Millionaire will air.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Secret Millionaire? Do you hope that the series returns to the schedule at some point or would you rather see it cancelled instead?

Kathy October 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Bring it back great show

kim September 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Bring it back!!

hal September 1, 2014 at 9:27 pm

bring it back best tv show we record them so we can watch them when we are feeling ;ow

gloria martin July 31, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I am sooo disappointed with the news of Secret Millionaire being cancelled! Tv needs some uplifting shows which are rare. Pleasd reconsider cancelling this great show!

Lila June 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

The show needs to come back. It is one of the best shows I have seen.
I have been trying to find it on tv for over 6 months with no luck. This shows was amazing.

Maggie May 24, 2014 at 8:11 am

I am so disappointed this show was cancelled. Please consider bringing it back.
This is such an uplifting show. While it reminds us of the situations people deal with every day, it also shows what a difference caring people can make in others lives.
I wonder if lower viewership was because most people were not aware of the show.
I was not aware of the show until it happen to come on after some other show I was watching.
Please, please bring the show back.

Karen May 16, 2014 at 12:43 am

Please bring back The Secret Millionaire. I love the show and it was one of the only really positive shows on television. We need more shows like this.

Christine Siims May 6, 2014 at 2:01 am

One more thing, why would you do sweeps when the Olympics are on. That happens every 4 years in the summer and it is about America’s support and American pride. also athletic achievement. you can not overcome that. Most networks rerun there summer shows during
the Olympics. what a lame excuse. What are you going to do next, cancel Shark Tank and
Once Upon a Time because the numbers on the reruns were below those of the new shows. I bet those shows did do as well during the Olympics during the Winter Olympics. You all try but it is as if you take one step forward and 2.5 steps back. plus you restricted those with free TV from watching on line. Tick Tock Boom, there goes you ratings and careers

peg May 5, 2014 at 1:43 am

Please bring back Secret Millionaire!! It is such a “feel good” show amongst so much garbage that’s on T.V these days. It’s so great to see actual people doing great things for deserving people or groups. I always looked forward to watching that show.

Christine Siims May 6, 2014 at 1:46 am

Please bring back Secret millionaire. I like that show very much. It is a quality show that helps people. It also has put it in my heart to help people though less that the millionaires. But giving is not just about money, it is about hope, and I never would have discovered that if it wasn’t for this show. Please keep it on!

Christine Siims March 10, 2014 at 6:25 pm

please bring back Secret Millionaire. I enjoyed watching the show, especially in the summer when the other shows show reruns that have been already reran. This show and Rookie Blue keep me interested in television in the summer and Secret Millionaire has inspired me to give, even though I can’t give a million dollars.

Barbara September 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Why would you cancel a show that actually shows people with money helping others instead of spending it all on themselves. It is a show that gives hope and builds bridges of understanding between the haves and have nots. One of the few shows on tv still worth watching. Bring it back!

Lillie September 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Please let it continue. It’s one of the most up-lifting, decent shows on television!

Sue August 18, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Why would you cancel a show that highlights kind-hearted, giving people who actually take action to help others who need it? Positive shows like this one are what our children should see; not the “reality” BS shows.

Linda July 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I love this show. I enjoyed this show so much. Sick of all the dancing and singing shows.
Please bring it back!

Pete February 15, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Bring the show back – hardly anything good on TV anymore.