Supernatural: Season Eight Ratings

Supernatural season 8 ratingsIt looked like Supernatural was headed for cancellation when it was sent packing to Friday nights. It performed well enough in the ratings that The CW decided to move it back to a regular weeknight. Will the series continue to be one of the network’s best performers? Stay tuned.

The eighth season of Supernatural typically airs Wednesday nights on The CW network. It features the talents of Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Supernatural will be cancelled or renewed for season nine.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.13 million total viewers.

Episode 08-23: Wednesday, 05/15/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.31 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-22: Wednesday, 05/08/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.07 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-21: Wednesday, 05/01/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-20: Wednesday, 04/24/13
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.38 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-19: Wednesday, 04/03/13
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.90 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-18: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.23 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.16 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.10 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.41 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

UPDATE: The show has been renewed for a ninth season by The CW.

Episode 08-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.29 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-12: Wednesday, 01/30/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.12 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-11: Wednesday, 01/23/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.01 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-10: Wednesday, 01/16/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 1.99 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 08-09: Wednesday, 12/05/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 2.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-08: Wednesday, 11/28/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.33 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.32 million (+30% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 1.78 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.86 in the demo with 2.03 million.

Episode 08-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
0.7 in the demo (-30% change) with 1.86 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 2.16 million.

Episode 08-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.51 million (+36% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.18 million.

Episode 08-01: Wednesday, 10/03/12
0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.85 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.80 in the demo with 1.85 million.

The eighth season premiere’s demo was on par with last season’s Friday night debut. It was down by 8% in viewership. It’s difficult to judge this opening considering that it was airing opposite the Presidential debate on the four other networks.

What do you think? Do you still like the Supernatural TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Nickysmom November 15, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Supernatural is one of my favorite shows, I have been watching it since it first began. Jensen and Jared are excellent actors, they portray their characters Dean and Sam as being rough and tough but also caring and understanding and that is what makes good actors. I also think it is great that they are friends off screen as well. I’m also glad that Castiel and Crowley is back but I do miss Bobby. I hope this show lasts for many more seasons, I love it!

kaz November 13, 2012 at 11:49 am

Please America, tune into Supernatural Wednesday nights. I couldn’t bear it if this show did not reach 10th season. Please pretty please get all your friends to watch. Better still start a ‘watch supernatural’ campaign. I can’t loose my boyz.

erin November 9, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW !!!!!!!HOW CAN THIS GET CANCELLED THIS SHOW WAS MY FRIDAYS NIGHTS NOW ITS ON A NEW NIGHT:(
Supernatural Vampire Dairies 90210 Gossip Girls Nikita Beauty And The Beast Emily Owens is what I look forward to every week and it is way better than Arrow

Supernatural Vampire Dairies 90210 Gossip Girls Nikita Beauty And The Beast Emily Owens should be at the least 10 seasons but I’m hoping for more!!!

American Next Top Model, Hart Of Dixie and Arrow Should get a Cancellation

Amy October 25, 2012 at 9:36 am

Notice that the ratings were highest for the second episode of the series – the one that had the most to do with the general over-arching storyline for the season. Oh yeah and CAS. And CROWLEY. Characters we actually are interested in. The last two filler episodes weren’t just painful to watch, but we’re probably some of the worst in the series.

jessica October 23, 2012 at 1:28 am

im glad it was renewed for season 8..:D i hope there would still be more seasons to come..:D

Tony October 22, 2012 at 10:50 am

We are going to hit 10 just wait and see

wil October 17, 2012 at 1:06 am

Cancellation is out of question since the dynamic of the leading actors both, inside the programme and in real life, has proved to be a vital factor for viewers to be hooked up all around the world

Karen Clemson October 16, 2012 at 6:50 am

This has been my favourite show since it started and have been a committed watcher ever since. Us Australians don’t get much say on what the US stations do and they have cancelled many great series’ but please please do not cancel this one.

Jessika October 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm

This show is what I look forward to every week and it is way better than smallville, so this series should be at the least 10 seasons but I’m hoping for more!!!! I am hoping for the full return of Bobby n Cas.

zack October 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Season starting off strong, I’m okay if Cass and Bobby never come back, but Crowley needs to join them this season.

SPN Fan October 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

Wow the premier and episode 2 rocked. Jensen was awesome. He portrayed purgatory Dean and PTSD Dean (topside) to perfection. Loved the interrogation flashback. Dean and his Baby scene was funny & cute. The hug with Cas was…. aaawww. Sam seems a bit off but am sure there’s more to his story as well. I just love this Dean. Cant wait for the next episode. Glad to see the ratings improve. I sincerely hope the show goes on for more seasons.

Carlos October 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm

The Season 8 premiere was great! I got this feeling that tells me Season 8 will be my favorite, I like Kevin, Benny, Amelia, I really enjoy seeing Crowley being more evil than he was. Can’t wait to know more about the flashbacks and where this season is heading, Love it! About the renewal/cancellation thing, I’m looking foward to see Season 10, I mean, I just compared Supernatural’s with Hart of Dixie’s ratings, and Supernatural was way better, besides if SPN’s ratings suck, the CW would give it a short Season 9, so like Pedowitz said, I’m not looking at Season 8 as the final year on any way, shape or form :)

Mjs October 5, 2012 at 12:09 pm

As long as this season is better than last season, I’ll watch it. But it needs more Castiel. I really don’t think the show can survive without him; well it can, but it would suffer… Like last season. This season is off to a solid start. I want to see more of purgatory, so I’ll keep watching. As for a 9th season, we’ll see how this season goes.

NYREE October 5, 2012 at 8:04 am

serenity October 5, 2012 at 12:19 am

Episode 1 of season 8 was awesome. It was great. The episode was really different from all episodes of supernatural. Jensen was great. specially in the church fight scene was excellent . My heart beats was like it is going to explode.