The Big Bang Theory

Big Bang TheoryNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 24, 2007 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, and Sara Gilbert.

current TV show

TV show description:
Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) are best friends, roommates, and brilliant physicists at CalTech. They understand how the universe works but have little interest in the people around them.

That begins to change when an attractive young waitress and wanna-be actress, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), moves into the apartment across the hall. Leonard becomes immediately smitten with the free-spirited girl and tries to forge a relationship with her, much to the confusion and consternation of Sheldon.

The geniuses’ equally geeky coworkers are smarmy Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Rajesh Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar), an immigrant from India who finds it difficult to talk to most females.

Is the universe bigger than the scientists previously believed?

jan October 2, 2013 at 4:55 am

Big Bang Theory was one show that started out pretty safe to watch with your teens. I notice it has been declining lately, lets take it back to it’s original year without so much smut

Jane August 31, 2013 at 9:59 pm

It will indeed, be a very sad day when The Big Bang Theory finally does air its series finale, which will likely be one of the Top 5 rated of all time, alongside M*A*S*H, Cheers and Friends. Sheldon’s interest of comic books and philosophizing will be missed, as will Howard’s Beatle haircut; Raj’s Indian heritage; Penny’s growth from her days as a struggling actress; Bernadette’s charming voice; and Amy’s intellectualism.

AW July 19, 2012 at 3:47 am

One of the best comedy shows on TV! The Big Bang Theory is just great all the way round. Very talented actors who seem to just be meant for each other. See hollywood, it is still possible to get good ratings without anyone stripping, being obscene or crude. You just need talented actors, good writers and a good director. I love this show!!!!

brooklyn schmitz March 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm

every night i watch big bang thoery with my mom and dad and sister we laugh and giiggle i love the show were sheldon tries to play bball and sucks!!!! i still laugh about it

Gwenneth Steward March 29, 2011 at 9:37 am

Watched The Big Bag Theory as (I thought) a one-off to fill in a 1/2 hour.
Man was I wrong!…Incredible production, directing, writing and last
but not least…some of the finest acting on any sit-com today. The
wacky five have me actually laughing out loud with each episode.
Where did they find Jim Parsons ? A new face to me…How many
takes to deliver that brilliant, convoluted dialog??
Incredible cast…facially expressive… Love them all !!

Simone March 1, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Sheldon is absolutely one of the best character talking about current sit-com. Obviously thanks to Jim Parsons.
TBBT & HIMYM over all.

S.B. Roma, Italia.

Demented February 27, 2010 at 7:32 am

My favorite episode was “The Adhesive Duck Deficiency”
That one was just too funny!

Demented January 31, 2010 at 9:36 am

Big Bang Theory is by far my ALL TIME favorite sitcom.
My only regret is that I can’t watch it while eating dinner or I’ll shoot milk out my nose! again, and again, and again. :)

Kathy September 6, 2009 at 10:58 am

I love it when Sheldon knocks on Penny’s door and repeats over and over “Penny, “Penny”, “Penny’, until she answers

sharky March 4, 2009 at 10:02 am

haha extremely funny show, and the cast is great. specially Kaley Cuoco (penny) DA** that girl is hot.

Becky December 29, 2008 at 5:56 pm

There are very few shows on TV worth watching but Big Bang Theory is the only show that I purposely sit down to watch. It’s funny and the chemistry between its stars is great. Please don’t cancel it.

Tina Hart December 4, 2008 at 12:09 am

I love this show! My 14 year old daughter and I watch it together!

There are so few that we both like! Please don’t cancel this show!

Debbie November 17, 2008 at 3:38 pm

The Big Bang Theory & How I met your Mother & Two & Half Men are the best sit coms on TV.