The Bridge: Season Two Renewal for FX Series

THe Bridge: season two on FXFX has announced that they’ve renewed The Bridge for a second season. The 13 new episodes will kick off sometime next summer.

Revolving around the tensions on US and Mexico border, The Bridge features the talents of Diane Kruger, Demián Bichir, Annabeth Gish, Thomas M. Wright, and Ted Levine.

The first season of The Bridge is still airing on FX and has been averaging 1.84 million total viewers with a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The season finale is set to air on October 2nd.

Eric Schrier, President of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions, said, “We’ve been blown away by the compelling performances of Demian Bichir and Diane Kruger and the writing of Meredith Stiehm, Elwood Reid and their team, and are thrilled to be able to continue this journey for another season. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Rich Ross, Carolyn Bernstein and everyone at Shine America.”

What do you think? Are you a fan of The Bridge on FX? Are you glad that it’s coming back next year?

paubrey January 26, 2014 at 7:51 am

Great Series. I have watched the Swedish/Danish series wich is equally excellent however people in America can better relate to the Texas/Mexico intrigue that is The Bridge. Diane Kruger, Demián Bichir and Annabeth Gish are top notch in their roles.
Keep up the good work.

Pat January 6, 2014 at 11:21 am

Yes, It is a tremendous show, It always leaves you enough suspense that you can’t wait for the next episode. As for age I’m in my late 60″s

debbie mc November 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I’m so glad :’) its one of the shows my husband and I love watching together. We would be sad if it didn’t air another season!

frank September 27, 2013 at 5:20 pm

luv the bridge i am hooked!! great storylines for each episode,glad to see they renewed it!!
very tough to top season one ! couldnt imagine where season 2 could go
to bring sonya and marco to work together again.but
i will watch

Jan September 26, 2013 at 2:08 am

Fantastic show.

pmh September 25, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Well considering it was taken from a Swedish/Danish TV series, how can it not be good… just like the The Killing also taken from Swedish TV series as was Homeland taken from Israeli TV. The majority of US TV shows are now repetitious and boring. The sitcoms are the same nothing new. But The Bridge the interpretation wasn’t really good. As always if you have seen the originals the pretenders can never ever measure to the originals. Same with music; e.g. the original Hotel California was the best and the acoustic version was was just a money maker for the Eagles!!!!

Anonymous September 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Love it!

Anonymous September 25, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Yes, great show, excellent characters.

Sharon September 25, 2013 at 7:43 pm

So happy that this show was renewed for next season. I too wish other stations would learn how to keep shows. Not sure why they care only about ages 18-49, I watch the same shows in the most part, that my older kids in they’re 30′s watch.

Grandizer September 25, 2013 at 8:55 am

Good job FX!
Wish you could teach some other stations the proper way to renew a good show.

melll September 24, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I think it’s absolutely fabulous! I love love love this show so much. it’s genius

Carol September 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm

HOORAY for FX having the brains to renew The Bridge!!!!! Now if we can only talk the powers to be to renew Copper!!!!!

KrisS September 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm

This show is one of the more intelligent crime dramas out there – SO glad it’s been renewed. Can’t wait to see what Sonya comes out with next.

skizzatt September 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Just realized I do not fit the age demographic, but, who cares! I’m way over 49. This is a great show.

skizzatt September 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm

“The Bridge” has been renewed. Good, good and GOOD!