The Event: NBC Exec Gives Update on Movie Possibility

The Event NBC movieBelieve it or not, there’s still hope for continuing The Event, the low-rated serial that NBC cancelled in May.

At the NBC session of the current TCA press tour, NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt said that a wrap-up movie has “been discussed with Syfy and a few weeks ago it seemed more possible than it does today, but I honestly don’t know.”

The exec was quick to point out that, if The Event does return in some way, it’ll be on Syfy and not the peacock network.

A month ago, we reported on fan efforts to keep The Event alive in some form. Series creator Nick Wauters had tweeted his support and wrote, “We are still actively searching for a way to bring back #theevent. No concrete update at this time, guys. Hopefully we’ll hear smthg soon.”

Canceled and renewed TV show

13 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

To heck with watching any new series on NBC, CBS, or ABC. I only watch new series on the cable channels. For instance True Blood, it is on every week during its season without excuse. I trust HBO with my time. They will not let me down.

On NBC you see a show one week, then not again for two weeks then see it for three weeks then not again for two weeks. IT IS CRAZY! I did like The Event but after it was canceled I refuse to ever, EVER watch another series on the 3 main channels. Simply said,they have little respect for my time or feelings. I do hope The Event goes to a cable channel like Sci Fi Channel. Go Sy FI, HBO, Showtime, History Channel, Food network, etc. etc. Boycott NBC, CBS & ABC’s new shows, news or series. Don’t trust them.

• k says

Im with you, Family and friends have all agreed that the 3 major Networks do not respect our time and what we really enjoy watching. It makes me wonder who is in charge and do they really watch what they promote….. I think that if they had ‘The Event “would still be on Air. Most of the series are garbage and these are the one’s that have been renewed and are still airing. To date 3000 thousand friends family and coworkers and anyone that I can get to listen are no longer watching the 3 major Networks and that number is growing. Maybe now we have their attention. keep your finger crossed and maybe they will create a web site for viewers like you and me that will have an opportunity to vote before a series is canceled and then maybe we will have a voice. The only thing that contuines over and over again year after year is is the lack of regard for viewers like you and me and the now 3000 and growing who are boycotting the major Networks. Have a Grand New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• says

No kidding, will the major networks survive or perish ? Lets hope they go the way of record labels, irrelevant. Now, they are just in the way of progress. But not for long. They are being mowed over by Netflix and the like.

2. Miklós says

It’s much more better than Heroes ever was!!! It must be continued!!!
    The Event is one of the best serials ever!

3. terry says

im such a big fan of the event they better bring it back such good writing and acting soooooooooooooooooo much better than heros

4. Mr. P says

I really hope this happens. It would at least give some redemption to all of the great TV shows cancelled this season.

5. Daniel Armour says

If they do an wrap up thing for The Event when they didn’t do one for “Heroes” (which lasted four seasons), I’m gonna be pissed!