The Event: Efforts to Save Cancelled TV Series Still Alive

The EventOn Monday, fans of The Event got together to support their cancelled TV series. The “Save The Event” website encouraged fans to buy related products — purchase episodes, the soundtrack, or pre-order the DVD set — and to send polite emails and tweets to Marc Graboff and Ted Harbert, high-ranking executives at NBC-Universal. Their goal is to get the series back, in some form — either as a regular show, a mini-series, a movie, or whatever.

Though series creator Nick Wauters has taken a job working on CW’s The Vampire Diaries (and seems to be enjoying it), he’s still hoping that The Event can return. He supported the Monday effort via his Twitter account.

He also noted that there are still official efforts to keep the show alive. When the show was cancelled, it was reported that talks were underway to possibly continue the series elsewhere.

Recently, Wauters indicated that those possibilities are still alive when he tweeted, “We are still actively searching for a way to bring back #theevent. No concrete update at this time, guys. Hopefully we’ll hear smthg soon.”

What do you think? Do you think The Event can realistically be saved? If a regular series isn’t an option, how would you like to see it come back?

Carl F. Selander,Sr. May 28, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Sad…. Wish we could see this series blossum further. There is so much promise and so many mysteries yet to be pursued in this series and so many who would love to see it picked up by another network….

Too bad most of the TV viewing these days is decided by the brainless……
I do NOT want another reality or dancing show….. Please…….

Cute July 18, 2012 at 10:18 am

Still sad till today. I want The Event season 2. Please…….

Bert February 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

And from holland we also want “the event” back on tv… please, why are they doeing that it also happend with “v” and “flash forward”

S. Kates December 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Loved “The EVENT” tv series, now we’re left hanging with another series that doesn’t have an ending just like the tv series “V”, I’m totally bummed, can you please do at least a movie to bring an ending to what you started, thanks!!!!

dmckinley November 25, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Just finished watching season 1 of The Event on Netflix. I had never seen it before and I am very disappointed to find out that it is cancelled. It would be great if they could continue with another season or finish up with a movie.

Anonymous November 25, 2011 at 7:11 pm

This show is awesome
I’ll be so dissapointed if they canceled it

Anonymous October 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Loved the show. Hope they can bring it back in some form or another.

nick clay September 5, 2011 at 6:52 pm

let me guess the event was cancelled so we can add more sing or dance comp shows or maybe another mindless cop show like we dont have enough already

Jww 64 July 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I was very dissapointed to see that it was cancelled I really looked forward to it on mondays I will definitly watch it on whatever channel tthey put it on come on TNT take it over.

Robin July 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm

honestly, come on the acting was so bad, I can imagine they’d cancel this.

Sheila Estes July 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Yes,I would continue to watch THE EVENT on another channel. But no I would not pay for it.

Martha January 30, 2012 at 11:29 am

I have been waiting for the T.V. Series The Event. When will it air again.

Nidia July 24, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I can not believe it, the show was cancel. I love this show. I was following it every week.
I am hoping they realize that our voices count, because ” we the viewers” are the ones showing the aceptance of the show.