The Nine Lives of Chloe King: ABC Family Developing a New Movie

The Nine Lives of Chloe King movieIt looks like Chloe King may indeed have nine lives, or at least her show may have a second one. At today’s ABC Family session of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, president Michael Riley said that a TV movie of cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King may be coming.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled in September following a less-than-successful season of 10 episodes. Like many ongoing serials that end prematurely, Chloe King left viewers with lots of unanswered questions. In the final episode, Chloe (Skyler Samuels) lost another of her lives and was kissed by Brian (Grey Damon) — who then died (?) from the contact. Alek (Benjamin Stone) walked in on his brother Zane (Daniel Sharman) as he stood over Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) and Valentina (Alicia Coppola) as they are dying from poison.

Interestingly, Riley prefers not to talk about the cable channel’s decisions to cancel certain shows and that includes Chloe King. He said, “We never talk about cancelling shows at ABC Family. We always make sure we air all of our productions because for us, it’s very much a long-term view. Honestly, we love all of our shows, and Chloe King is such a great example of just an amazing show. We loved the cast, we loved the writing in that show. For us, it was about making some decisions. We had to choose between what we thought was resonating stronger with the audience.”

Riley continued, “We are actually on the verge of putting a movie into development. For us, we are always looking at the intellectual property that we’re capitalizing on and making sure there is opportunity.” He emphasized that the projects not a done deal yet however, saying, “We are just looking at it in development right now. The idea is very much to capitalize on the storytelling that’s already been in place.”

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chloe King movie? What other “cancelled” ABC Family shows should be given a second look?

Rachel May 21, 2012 at 3:58 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT BELEIVE THAT SHOW WUZ CANCELED-IT IS MY FAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF THEY DONT DO ANOTHER SEASON AT LEAST DO A MOVIE THAT ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS-LIKE-WHEN WILL CHLOE LOSE HER OTHER 7 LIVES!
OR WUT HAPPENS WITH CHLOE AND ALEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLIN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF U R THE DIRECTOR OR THE PERSON WHO PUTS SHOWS ON TV READ THEES COMMENTS!
EVERYONE LOVED THAT SHOW!
AND WUT HAPPENS WHEN ALEK WALKS IN WEN ZANE IS STANDING OVER VALENTINA AND JASMINE WILE THEY R DEAD AND SAYS HE IS ALEK’S BROTHER!?
PLEASE……………………………….
MAKE ANOTHER SEASON(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leelei May 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I would love to see 9 lives of Chloe King return to TV…this was a great show–believable that the characters truly cared for one another, plus there was plenty of learning lessons mixed in without being so overtly sappy or silly like some other youth shows…it would be a shame to lose it from the line-up and should be given another well-promoted chance.

Alexys May 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

Please do a Chloe King movie. I’ve been wating and wondering what would happen since I saw the finale. The chemistry between Alek and Chloe is amazing and the love triangle makes it even more intense. I love the uniqueness and increadable fectures of the show. This show was my favorite show and I was heartbroken to find out it was cancelled. I would absolutely love a movie or a new season. Please consider all the comments your getting to make a movie or a new season. The comments show how many of us love the show and are dieing to find out what happens!!!

Vanessa May 15, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Its just so unfair that we fall in love with thses caracter and cheer for them every week… And because of ratings the show isnt on anymore… So we have to keep watching stupid reruns or retarded shows that dont even make any sense when something so simple as listening to the audience would just sufice! Anyways… If its just impossible to put the show back on, at least make a good movie… Answering all of the questions andfinding a good happy ending!

Rachel May 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Dear leelei,
i totally agree!
(i fell in love with alek!and its so romantic how he wuz willing 2 die 4 her!)

Alana mcconnell May 14, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I REALLY REALLY WANT ANOTHER SEASON AND ANOTHER AND ANOTHER WE WERE LEFT WITH NOT ONE NOT TWO BUT THREE CLIFF HANGERS HOW DOSE CHLOE DEAL WITH BRAINS DEATH!?WHAT DOSE ALEK DO ABOUT HIS SO CALLED BROTHER!?DO JASMINE AND VALINTINA LIVE!?!?!IF YOU GUYS CUT THIS SERIES OFF LIKE THIS I SWEAR ILL DIE OF NOT KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS Dx

Sami May 13, 2012 at 9:19 am

I really think if you don’t bring the show back there should be a movie!! I think it would be such a good thing to see to kind of end the whole show.

Maritza May 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Please bring back the show it’s not fair to leave all of us with cliff hangers. when you start some thing never leave the job undone whenever you start something Finnish it always. Theats what our teachers in life have told is to do.
A lot of people love that show and would be glad to see it back on the air including me.
You have my vote for putting it back on! <3

Rachel May 21, 2012 at 4:01 pm

u have my vote 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

isaiah May 5, 2012 at 12:51 am

Hey can you plz put Back on the 9 lives of chloe king show back on I love it n I whated to see the other ones. And I Will miss it if you take it off the air.

Derek Elliott May 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm

bring it back my lady just started watchin it and finished the other day and whatever i’ll admit its one of the few shows she likes that i can stomach lol pretty decent for a chick flick and like i said women tend to make their men watch their programs with them and this was one of the few that wasnt to shabby so put it back on so that i never have to watch another episode of gilmore girls again!!!! and btw the secret circle is ok to dont cancle that one pleaaaaassse lol

Mallarie April 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Please bring Chole King back!! I saw it on Netflix and soon was addicted. I promise to watch it if you put it back on. It’s not fair. PLEASE!!!!!

Rachel May 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm

i no!
that s how i saw every season i watched it on netflix!

Aiden April 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm

It’s simple BRING BACK THE SHOW PLEASE!! and soon..
or let us fans know when she’s coming back!

Jessi April 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

I really got into this show and was disappointed when it didn’t continue with another season. I’d really like another season or a movie at least!

Kathy Chesney April 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I have watched the show and have enjoyed the show,I had thought that the show was going to come on for a second season. As to the reason why the cliffhanger was in place it’s a shame to get hooked on a show and to leave your viewers wondering about the what ifs and the possibilities of what would happen in the end…..

T April 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm

So loved the show!!! I just recently discovered it and want to know what happened at teh end. I’ve heard of leaving things on a cliffhanger, but this is one cliff to big to leave perminantly. A movie is a good idea. Season 2 would be a better idea, but I’ll settle, as long as I get some answers. ABC, I watch most of the shows you broadcast! Please give me a satisfying ending to this series at the least. From all the fans out there, don’t let us down.

sami April 21, 2012 at 11:40 am

i LOVED the show a movie would be great, its better than nothing right? But i realy wish they made more seasons. PLEASE BRING BACK THE SHOW! mre people wach it than they think.