The River: 2011-12 Season Ratings

The River TV show ratingsHere are the updated ratings for The River TV series. This adventure/horror show revolves around the search for famous explorer and TV host Dr. Emmet Cole (Bruce Greenwood) down the Amazon. The first season of The River typically airs Tuesday nights on the ABC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if The River is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two. Check out our ABC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

UPDATE: Will The River be cancelled or renewed for season two?

FINAL season averages: 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.70 million total viewers.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 03/20/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% episode-to-episode change) with 3.99 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.63 in the demo with 4.70 million.
Demo average rank: #18 of 20 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 03/13/12
1.3 in the demo (-13% episode-to-episode change) with 4.09 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.67 in the demo with 4.82 million.
Demo average rank: #17 of 19 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 03/06/12
1.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.21 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.74 in the demo with 4.97 million.
Demo average rank: #15 of 19 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 02/28/12
1.5 in the demo (-12% episode-to-episode change) with 4.04 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.80 in the demo with 5.16 million.
Demo average rank: tied for #13 of 18 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 02/21/12
1.7 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.80 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.90 in the demo with 5.53 million.
Demo average rank: #12 of 18 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 02/14/12
1.7 in the demo (-29% episode-to-episode change) with 4.96 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.00 in the demo with 6.28 million.

TV show supportEpisode 01-02: Tuesday, 02/07/12
2.3 in the demo (-12% episode-to-episode change) with 6.83 million total viewers; first place in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.30 in the demo with 6.83 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 17 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 02/07/12
2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.35 million total viewers; third place in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.60 in the demo with 8.35 million.

Though the network was up year-to-year and when compared to Body of Proof, it was a very poor start for The River. A significant number of viewers tuned out as the two-hour premiere progressed, a good sign that they won’t be back next week.

What do you think? Do you like The River TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

matelda April 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I love this show I hope that they film all that happen in the reality and i love Lincoln kissed Lena even though It’s not Lincoln

tricia April 10, 2012 at 10:49 am

My husband and I love the river! It was such a nice change from what we have seen over the years. I hope it continues!

Anita Huie April 4, 2012 at 8:49 pm

JUst when a show gets really interesting some big shot exec tries to take it off the air. I love this show and I am sick of seeing these ridiculous “reality” shows.

Sandra Fischer April 2, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I absolutely loved The River. I would like to see it back. And what about the rest of this season. Did I miss something. This program was adventurous, mysterious, scary and I loved every bit of being scared. PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!! I’ve been searching Tuesday’s for the next episode. How can you stop a series in the middle. Certainly not fair to the viewers. If you like mystery and intrigue you will love The River.

Anita Huie April 4, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I totally agree

mary March 22, 2012 at 1:47 pm

please keep the river running i love this show please dont cancel it

Chase March 22, 2012 at 7:22 am

This was a brilliant show! Every little detail was noteworthy, and only someone as genius as Oren Peli can make this littlest things as a bunch of dolls hanging on a tree terrifying. There is no other show that even comes close to how scary The River has been at times. There needs to be a second season. This show needs more time, and for those of us who can’t get enough, a solid ending if it is truly not meant to last.

lynda March 21, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I gave this show a go when i saw previews for it cause i love the amazon and it’s set there but i never expected it to completely grab a hold of me like it did.
Its is creepy and suspenseful, it’s fresh and compelling i love it and i pray that we keep seeing more of this show in the future…amazing!!!.

kris March 21, 2012 at 10:17 pm

There NEEDS to be a season 2!!!!!! It can’t end like that please bring it back. I love this show its so good.

Danielle March 21, 2012 at 8:12 pm

KEEP THE RIVER!!!! I love this show!!! Such a great show please bring it back!!!

Erin March 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Loved this show! Want to see season 2!

Jennifer March 21, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I really want this Show to come back. If you have not watched this show you are missing out. Start from the beginning and watch all of the episodes at one time on Hulu.com You will be hooked after the first three. You can not stop the show the way it ended last night. You have to bring this back, and SOON!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to seen what happens. There are so many things not explained.
This is great!

Andrew March 21, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Keep the River! It’s a good show and probaly the scariest show on TV, it’s ALOT better than about 80% of the shows out there, especially stupid relaity programs like American Idol. Or shows like CSI.

Patti March 21, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I look forward to watching this show every Tuesday night. Please don’t take it off, I love it.

Niki March 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm

At first I thought it was kinda cheesey, but it kept me watching the next episode. Now there is no next episode and I want more!

Hollyjack March 21, 2012 at 2:33 pm

This show is great! Does anyone else feel that the networks barely give a show any time to settle in before they have it on the block? I have seen very little promotion for this show, I really hope they give it a chance before deciding. Every series I have ever loved had less than great starts, the first 3-5 episodes you can’t really feel the chemistry between the actors. It takes time to develop that rhythm. Please give The River a chance, for the first time in a while I’m anxious until the next episode airs!