Touch: Season Two Ratings

touch tv show - season two ratingsDespite mediocre ratings, FOX renewed Touch for a second season. Will the TV series’ luck hold out long enough for it to be renewed for a third season — or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait, watch the ratings, and see.

The second season of Touch typically airs Friday nights on the FOX network. They’ve ordered 13 episodes and the show’s cast includes Kiefer Sutherland, David Mazouz, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Lukas Haas, Maria Bello, Said Taghmaoui, and Saxon Sharbino.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Touch is going to be cancelled or renewed for a third season.

Final series averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.66 million total viewers.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 05/10/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.42 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 2.66 million.

UPDATE: Touch has been cancelled after two seasons.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 05/03/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 2.68 million.

Episode 02-11: Friday, 04/26/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.22 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.72 in the demo with 2.73 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 04/05/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 2.29 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 03/29/13
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 2.37 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.74 in the demo with 2.83 million.

Episode 02-08: Friday, 03/22/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 2.79 million (+26% change).
Season averages: 0.78 in the demo with 2.89 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 03/15/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 2.22 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.79 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 03/08/13
0.7 in the demo (-13% change) with 2.60 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.82 in the demo with 3.02 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 03/01/13
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 2.90 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 0.84 in the demo with 3.10 million.

Episode 02-04: Friday, 02/22/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 2.51 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.85 in the demo with 3.15 million.

Episode 02-03: Friday, 02/15/13
0.7 in the demo (-22% change) with 2.56 million (-29% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.36 million.

Episode 02-02: Friday, 02/08/13
0.9 in the demo (-18% change) with 3.59 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.00 in the demo with 3.76 million.

Episode 02-01: Friday, 02/08/13
1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.94 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 3.94 million.

Compared to the TV series’ debut a year ago, the season premiere was way down in the ratings — by 72% in the demo (vs a 3.9 rating) and by 67% in viewership (vs 12.01 million). Not good — even for a Friday night show.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season of Touch averaged a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.2 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Touch TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Ncubed03 May 5, 2013 at 10:37 pm

This is a wonderful show! Please Fox do not cancel it!!

tv addict May 5, 2013 at 10:12 pm

As in my previous post, Touch is yet another creative, and thought provoking show! I love this show and was surprised to read the low ratings! Please keep this show going, change the night if need be, but I think if more people were aware of it they would watch it, if not its sad to think how many lazy minds are out there, as this show does require a little brain power, lol

Jana May 4, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I love Touch! WHY isn’t there any promotion for this wonderful and intelligent program?? Touch is so creative and different than all those boring *gag me* reality shows. Fox needs to do some serious promotion work. Other than season 1′s original premiere, I can’t even recall seeing any commercials for this show, and then, to move it around on the schedule? That’s just crazy. PLEASE keep this one on the air!

Conchetta May 4, 2013 at 3:12 am

I appreciate shows that spark thought and originality. I can sit down with my daughter and watch the show. It would be tragic to take it off the air. I hope it gives reminders for variety in television.As people we are different and shows should reflect that beauty in differences by having variety. If they don’t pick it fire another seasone I hope another channel will catch the ball.

Joan Brown May 4, 2013 at 12:41 am

I can’t imagine canceling this show! It’s in my favorite top 3 now airing. I do not like reality shows at all. Touch has a lot of suspense and a great story! I also think the actors are great! I can’t wait for the next week to come so I can see the next episode. Please don’t cancel this show!

Aerin May 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm

IMHO, this is one of the two best shows currently on network TV (along with Person of Interest). So well written and acted, with a perfect balance of action and character development, and fantastic pacing. It’s really sad that shows with continuous storylines are no longer viable on network TV!

Nani Santos May 2, 2013 at 3:49 am

TOUCH is one of my favorite three TV series that I absolutely watch week after week. WHY are you cancelling it? There is a huge following of Touch here in the Philippines.

Kammi May 1, 2013 at 3:16 am

This has been our family’s favorite show since it aired last season. The writer’s are phenominal, it’s absolutely the best show on air. I can’t believe it’s being cancelled. Reality show continues to polute our lives’… What a shame… I’ll definately be watching less tv… Pretty soon I won’t need to spend money on crappy cable

gr8fulnfree April 30, 2013 at 4:52 am

I LOVE this show! My whole family watches it…it has the best concept in my opinion of all the shows on tv (the most spiritually evolved concept that is) it would be devestating if it was cancelled.
If FOX actually reads these sites, then PLEASE FOX RENEW TOUCH…
and for goodness sakes move it back to thursday so you will get your ratings back.

Rhonda Russell April 29, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Moving Touch to Friday nights is what killed it! I didn’t even know it was back on for weeks. Thank God I was able to catch up by watching it on Demand! I love this show and am praying for another season! Fox really should have advertised this show better. Now the boy is starting to respond with smiles and touching…even his first words! Please don’t take this show away!!!

Sandy April 29, 2013 at 12:08 am

I’ve become obsessed with this show. It seems to jump all around as far as shcedule goes so Thank God I can set my TV to record it when they decide to show it. I really hope it’s picked up for a third season.

bertha April 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I love the show. I was hooked from the first episode. I think it’s brilliant on many levels. When I ask people if they watch it, no one knows about it. Need more advertising and reruns so that new fans can get into it. Hard to get into it if you haven’t watched from the start.

gr8fulnfree April 30, 2013 at 4:56 am

Gr8 suggestions! :)

Andrew April 27, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I absolutely love this show as well. Then again, I never had the chance to watch the other newer episodes of the show. I will be more than disappointed if it were to get the axe right now. Also, my only hope is for Jake to start talking now because since season one, he never said a single word at all except for only a couple of episodes in season two. God bless Kiefer Sutherland, too because he definitely deserves a lot of credit for starring in Touch.

Lissy ten Hoopen April 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Touch is a great show. The writing, the acting, the premise, all of it. I do not understand how more people aren’t hooked on it. This is great television at its finest.

Janice April 25, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I absolutely love the show. it is my favorite. The concept is great.

dale April 26, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I watch next to NOTHING on TV, but I watch TOUCH every time it’s on so yeah, Janice, I’m shocked such an interesting plot with interesting characters is doing so poorly. It is on a bad night probably for the genre. Regardless, what a shame! Tonight was really good.