Beauty and the Beast: Season One Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsWith a great lead-in, Beauty and the Beast has the best chance of any new CW show this season of getting solid ratings. Will it survive or, like last year’s Secret Circle, or will it be cancelled?

Following a young beautiful homicide detective and her handsome-yet-scarred protector, Beauty and the Beast typically airs Thursday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, and Austin Basis.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Beauty and the Beast will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Episode 01-22: Thursday, 05/16/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.26 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.61 million.

Episode 01-21: Thursday, 05/09/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.63 million.

Episode 01-20: Thursday, 05/02/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.23 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.62 in the demo with 1.65 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a second season.

Episode 01-19: Thursday, 04/25/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.24 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Episode 01-18: Thursday, 04/18/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.59 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.69 million.

Episode 01-17: Thursday, 03/28/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.70 million.

Episode 01-16: Thursday, 03/21/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.72 million (+20% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-15: Thursday, 03/14/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.43 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-14: Thursday, 02/21/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.65 in the demo with 1.73 million.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 02/14/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.40 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.66 in the demo with 1.74 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 02/07/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.48 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 0.67 in the demo with 1.78 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/31/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 1.72 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 01/24/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.79 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/13/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.59 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-08: Thursday, 12/06/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.41 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.69 in the demo with 1.84 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/29/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 1.90 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 11/15/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.56 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 1.96 million.

UPDATE: The CW has given the show a full season of episodes.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 11/08/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.84 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.76 in the demo with 2.04 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 11/01/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.70 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.77 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/25/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.88 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.83 in the demo with 1.88 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/18/12
0.7 in the demo (-42% change) with 2.00 million (-28% change).
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 2.39 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 10/10/12
1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.20 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Year-to-year, compared to The Secret Circle’s premiere in the same post-Vampire Diaries timeslot, the network was down by 8% in the demo (vs a 1.3 rating) and down 8% in viewership (vs 3.05 million). While these numbers were still very good, Beauty and the Beast won’t survive if its numbers fall like Secret Circle’s did.

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Just me February 23, 2013 at 4:02 pm

More please – I love this show

Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 11:36 am

Please don’t cancel beauty and the beast. I love this show… Season 2 please Thank you! : )

DeeAnn February 23, 2013 at 4:03 am

I love Beauty and the Beast. I sure hope it isn’t cancelled. I love the two main characters Kristin and Jay. I love the change in the story line as for how Vincent became a beast and how he meets Catherine. I love their interactions in the warehouse and on her fire escape. The story line is sooo different from the other shows I tend to watch like CSI, NCIS, Blue Bloods. It really takes me into another world for an hour. Anyway I think the Chemistry is better than I have seen in a long time and I feel invested in this show. Jay and Kristin are great actors and I really like how expressive and vital to the scene their facial expressions are. It has come a long way and Vincent and Catherine are finally together. I think it deserves another season.

Nicole February 23, 2013 at 3:07 am

I love this show!!! I watched the kissing scene like 10 times. Amazing! We would be very sad if the show was canceled!!! Please keep it going. I watched the original series from the 80′s with my mom and now wet are watching this series together as well! And it is by the same writers! Good job btw. Please keep the show running. I can’t wait to see more steamy moments with Kat and Vincent!

Leo February 23, 2013 at 1:54 am

Love it!
And I think if it go for this new way ( E14 &15) it will get more and more fan around the world every day!
People watch it don’t want a normal series “hot and cold” moments in the romance, or triangles, like we could see with Vince’s ex-girlfriend! People want something new! What all people all the times wanted to see: The romance, the passion, the love between the Beauty and the Beast! When the Beast are not turned a Prince yet! Of course we need obstacles for this romance, but not usual obstacles! I’m sure the “responsible” are looking for the fans and will give them ( us) all we want! And this means keep the series HOT and have a new season! Go BATB!

Kary February 22, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Luuuuuuuuuuuv luv it ! Please pretty please, do not cancel it!
I want to see more of Cat and Vincent

Cindy February 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Love this show! Please do not cancel it!!!

B February 21, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Please give them a second season. It gets better every week. If CW cancels this show I will never invest in a new show again because they will likely just cancel it.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Well put! Btab is the first show to catch my interest in a long time. To cancel it will make TV watching even less enjoyable than usual. As it is, there are about 100 shows but only about 5 which are worth watching. Batb makes 6….

alexis February 21, 2013 at 11:25 pm

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW I AM ABSOLUTELY OBSSESED WITH IT AND IF IT DOESNT GET A RENEWAL I WILL MOST LIKELY CRY FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!AND FOR THE HATERS O HAVE SOME AWESOME REASONS TO WATCH LISTED BELOW:
1.) ITS NEVER THE SAME, SO YOUR NOT WATCHING THE SAME THING EVERY WEEK!
2.) ITS GOT SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE: ROMANCE, ACTION, SUSPENSE, AND EVEN SOME COMEDY AND A ITTY BITTY BIT OF HORROR:)
3.) THEY ACTORS HAVE THE BEST CHEMISTRY OF ALL TIME!
4.)i mean come on….. Jay Ryan? who doesnt want to watch that dude?!
5.) then theres kristen…. lets face it tv is better when shes on it. ( for all my fellow smallville fans:))
6.)ITS NOT JUST ANOTHER REMAKE ITS VERY LOOSELY BASED ON THE PREVOIUS VERSIONS
Well as you can see i have just given you SIX, no not 1, not 2, not 3, but SIX SOLID reasons to start watching or if you have satrted but dropped it to give it another chance, and i liked it from the begginning but most people didnt and let me let u in on a secret……ITS REALLY HEATING UP AND GOTTEN BETTER! and i no that there are some trollers out there giving it some bad publicity but u mean come on there trollers thats all they do! this series definatly deserves a renewel!NOW GET TO WATCHIN OR ILL HUNT U DOWN!………….LOL jk but no seriously, GO.\

Gloria February 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

We watch this show every week and look forward to the next weeks show it is right up there for us with Revenge and The Body of Proof also love CSI. Not to keen on The Following it wastes a lot of time doing nothing.

aberrios February 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I love this show I watch it by my self and tivo it too so on the weekend my daughter and i could watch it together. Dont cancel its what i look forward too all week

Lisa February 19, 2013 at 6:55 pm

i’ve never watched anything on this channel but ever since beauty and the beast started , i’ve just been hooked! Everytime an episode finishes, i just wish it would be longer. Kristin and Jay were the perfect pick as staring actors i just can’t get enough of them. They have crazy chemistry. I reallyyyyyy do hope that they don’t cancel the show. It really does deserve more than one season!!!

Michelle Lantz February 17, 2013 at 11:09 am

Since One Tree Hill, CWB gave me another reason to watch the channel because of Beauty and the Beast! The chemistry between VinCat is amazing and there is so much more to tell of their story. If this show gets cancelled there is no reason to tune in to CWB! Fingers crossed :)

Annette February 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

I have to say I am truly addicted to this show !!! Jay and Kristin are the best and their chemistry is off the charts!! Please give this show a second season!!!!

Amanda February 17, 2013 at 12:51 am

Love this show!!! Anxiously awaiting news of a renewal.