Betrayal: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Betrayal series finaleMultiple sources are reporting the news that we all saw coming. Betrayal has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season on ABC.

On Betrayal, the extra-marital affair of two professionals gets even more complicated when their families end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The cast includes Stuart Townsend, Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The drama had poor ratings right from the start and then, the numbers got even worse in subsequent weeks. The finale registered just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.3 million viewers.

Despite the dismal ratings, the network denied that the show had been cancelled. Thankfully, the last episode provided some measure of closure for the devoted fans who stuck with it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a second season of Betrayal?

Tom August 3, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Very sorry to hear abc is not bringing back Betrayal. It was an well-written show compared to some of the junk targeted to idiots that the networks keep rolling out.

Sandra August 3, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Loved it- hope it comes back for another series

Yy August 2, 2014 at 12:49 am

Whyyyyyyyyyyy? I loved the show, I was waiting on season 2. Am disappointed

Anonymous August 2, 2014 at 12:38 am

What my favorite show. Grr bring it back

Along August 1, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Bring it back!!!!! It was amazing !!! Loved it !!!

Rica July 31, 2014 at 1:02 am

OMG WHY DID THEY CANCEL IT?!?!?!?!? I love the show and was waiting on season 2!!! Who was at dinner Jack or Drew????

PA July 30, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I enjoyed Season 1 of Betrayal and was looking forward to the second series; had no idea the ratings were low; characters were awesome; story line was interesting and exemplified the marital and family issues that are experienced in real life; Please bring it back!!!

Chrissy July 30, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I enjoyed season 1. It was a bit slow at times but honestly, the plot is there and I think that with a little more development, you’d catch a larger following! I’d continue to watch, 100 % — bring it back!

Tonya Taylor July 30, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Please say it isn’t so!!! I absolutely loved the show. That can’t be the end of it. Bring it back ABC!!!

Missing betrayal July 29, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I’m so happy to see fans are still posting the desire for season 2 of Betrayal. If Sunday nights didnt work, why not try the summer season? Jack and Sara must reunite for the dedicated fans that watched live, DVR, abc.com & on Demand. I question the accuracy of the ratings. Please bring back season 2!!

Ann winder July 30, 2014 at 12:20 am

To the Director of ABC , I cannot believe the viewing log was poor as for the amount of comments requesting a 2nd series if Betraysl. It is not just Americans watching this as from the comments I noted many are from different countries . I myself live in England and I am absolutely gutted that Betrayal has been axed. Please please please review the decision and overrule for a 2nd series . I need to see jack and sarah back together.

LV July 29, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I can’t believe it had poor ratings. I’m hoping it comes back!!! If not, I need to know if they meant for it to be Jack or Drew at that restaurant.

Marta Cunha July 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am a Portuguese viewer, and I really liked the first season of betrayal. I’d love to see it go on to a second season. ABC, think about it.

Faith July 29, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I really liked this show, that sucks I was looking forward to season two.

Anonymous July 29, 2014 at 9:04 am

thought it was a great show. Bring it back!!!!!

Alice July 29, 2014 at 5:25 am

Cmon, bring it back ABC!!!