Betrayal

Betrayal TV show on ABC: cancel or renew?Network: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 29, 2013 – January 19, 2014.
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Stuart Townsend, and James Cromwell.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on the Dutch drama series Overspel, this dramatic series revolves around a beautiful photographer who begins an affair with the lawyer for a powerful family.

Following a chance meeting between professional photographer Sara Hanley (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack McAllister (Stuart Townsend), the two discover they have an instant and undeniable attraction. Unfortunately, they’re both already married. Sara and Jack realize something is missing in their marriages, and fight against the realization that they’ve met their soulmates in one another.

Sara is married to Drew Stafford (Chris Johnson), a successful prosecutor with political aspirations, and they have a seven-year-old son, Oliver, together.

Unbeknownst to Sara, Jack is the in-house counsel to a powerful and shady entrepreneur, Thatcher Karsten (James Cromwell). Jack is married to Thatcher’s daughter, Elaine (Wendy Moniz). She’s is a smart and determined woman who’s trying to make her Chicago café a success on her own terms — while still being a good mother to their 16-year-old twins, Valerie (Elizabeth McLaughlin) and Victor (Braeden Lemasters).

As Sara and Jack struggle with their feelings and their guilt, Thatcher’s brother-in-law is murdered, and all evidence points to Thatcher’s mentally-challenged son, T.J. Karsten (Henry Thomas).

Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband becomes the prosecuting attorney in the high-profile murder case, a case that could secure his political future. Jack will be the lawyer for the defense.

The lovers quickly find themselves in an impossible situation -– on opposite sides of a murder investigation.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — “…A Better Place”
In the aftermath of Sara’s shooting, the two families are forced to confront decisions they’ve made, as well as look to the future.
First aired: January 19, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Betrayal TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Sandy November 1, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Please don’t cancel this show…. I LOVE IT…. ABC needs to do a better job selling this show…. Maybe new day or time….. I’m thinking Tuesday nights….. This is the best show on TV… jumped in front of Castle, The Good Wife and Nashville in my book!

dee October 31, 2013 at 10:17 am

omg don’t cancel love this show better than revenge and scandal sorry but this stuff
does happen and they are great actor s and writers, love to zabel and townend big hug
fan of stu

Jessica Avery October 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I love the show, but who doesn’t like racy love scenes and drama. Something about this couple makes you want them to be bad…it’s smut TV and everyone wishes they had some great love connection whether its right or wrong.

Judy J October 30, 2013 at 6:22 pm

well said!!!

karina lynn October 30, 2013 at 10:15 am

I do enjoy the show as a whole,but Thatcher, to me has the strongest role and presence..The whole thing w/the affair seems a bit unrealistic..They drop everything at the drop of a hat and run off somewhere for a rendezvous,then him taking her camera & taking the picture of her sleeping on the bed…dumb..
Definitely much better than Park Place 666…

Gemini October 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I love, love this show!!

Judy Josse October 29, 2013 at 11:33 am

Love this show. Just hope it doesn’t get cancelled!

Dawn October 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Do not cancel this show. My girls and I at work r obsessed we talk over the water cooler please renew for another season!!!!!

Lisa October 28, 2013 at 1:30 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the show!!!
Can’t wait to see the next episode!

Natalie October 28, 2013 at 10:59 am

Love this series. PLEASE don’t take it off! So intriguing and interesting each week. Keeps viewers guessing about what can happen next. Scenery is beautiful. All my girl friends and women relatives look forward to watching it every Sunday. We then talk about it on Monday as if we know the people. Such fun!

Betty October 24, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Best new show…love it. Please do not consider canceling it. Even if you put in new plots , one after the other.

Lidsky October 22, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I suggest that betrayal stays, the show is awesome

Nancy Bookamer October 21, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Didn’t like at first, but into it now and hope it doesn’t get cancelled. All the dumb shows stay on and the ones I always like get cancelled.

Roseann October 20, 2013 at 11:45 am

I am not sure who the critics are but I think they might be males. I myself, and I know alot of women who love the show Betrayal. It is very hard to find a show that appeals to us and that look forward to. I usually read at night except for Sunday night when I watch Revenge and Betrayal. Please ABC give it a chance, there is so little for us to watch that isn’t some reality nonsense.

Thanks

Alicia October 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I didn’t think I would like Betrayal but after my sister forced me to watch it, I have to say I can’t get enough. I wish people would give it a chance, I have to say I was hooked after the third episode. I really hope they don’t cancel it.

Elaine October 16, 2013 at 5:52 am

I think this show should run for 1 season maybe 2 then start a new story line for another Betrayal with new actors and new location. This current story cannot continue year after year…It would be more like a series of books with new characters and circumstances. Betrayal II, Betrayal III etc. Love the location Chicago right now, like seeing the sites. Maybe the next one will be Seattle or Boston….