Betrayal

Betrayal TV show on ABC: cancel or renew?Network: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 29, 2013 — January 19, 2014.
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Stuart Townsend, and James Cromwell.

TV show description:
Based on the Dutch drama series Overspel, this dramatic series revolves around a beautiful photographer who begins an affair with the lawyer for a powerful family.

Following a chance meeting between professional photographer Sara Hanley (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack McAllister (Stuart Townsend), the two discover they have an instant and undeniable attraction. Unfortunately, they’re both already married. Sara and Jack realize something is missing in their marriages, and fight against the realization that they’ve met their soulmates in one another.

Sara is married to Drew Stafford (Chris Johnson), a successful prosecutor with political aspirations, and they have a seven-year-old son, Oliver, together.

Unbeknownst to Sara, Jack is the in-house counsel to a powerful and shady entrepreneur, Thatcher Karsten (James Cromwell). Jack is married to Thatcher’s daughter, Elaine (Wendy Moniz). She’s is a smart and determined woman who’s trying to make her Chicago café a success on her own terms — while still being a good mother to their 16-year-old twins, Valerie (Elizabeth McLaughlin) and Victor (Braeden Lemasters).

As Sara and Jack struggle with their feelings and their guilt, Thatcher’s brother-in-law is murdered, and all evidence points to Thatcher’s mentally-challenged son, T.J. Karsten (Henry Thomas).

Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband becomes the prosecuting attorney in the high-profile murder case, a case that could secure his political future. Jack will be the lawyer for the defense.

The lovers quickly find themselves in an impossible situation -– on opposite sides of a murder investigation.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — “…A Better Place”
In the aftermath of Sara’s shooting, the two families are forced to confront decisions they’ve made, as well as look to the future.
First aired: January 19, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Betrayal TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

856 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Betrayal was an entertaining series with extremely fine writing and performances by this talented cast. As much as I will miss this show, I can’t imagine a credible storyline going forward. Sarah couldn’t possibly reconcile abusing poor Drew and that adorable son by continuing with Jack.

2. Scot Machos says

So glad we found this show and were able to catch previous episodes on hulu. It’s the talk of our workplace and we await every new episode with great anticipation. With a constant buzz about this show, it seems canceling it would not be viable decision for ABC.

3. Melanie says

Please do not cancel – finally a show I dont ever wanna miss with real life issues and feelings. I cant wait for more. Please more!!!!!

4. lisa cook says

please do not cancel this show its one of the best tv show on abc i love the show and the drama on there. thanks for my input.

5. Anonymous says

Please do not cancel this show! Give it some time for more people to find it. It is excellent writing and fabulous characters!!!

6. Barbara Johnson says

This is the first time in a long time that I have watched ABC on Sunday nights at 10:00 p.m. This show, I was prepared not to like because of the name, but I started watching it anyway and I found it very engaging. It gives us a different look at this difficult and sometime painful subject. The cast is believable and talented. I love the chemistry between Sara and Jack. I feel that the writers had a chance to really go somewhere with this but I guest the Network is not up for the challenge.

After watching the last episode, I realized that it seemed to be wrapping up. I was stunned! I could not believe that you would do this. This series is GOOD! I don’t think that you can replace it with anything better or with something that I would want to view. This was definitely one of the shows that brought be back to ABC!

See you later!

7. Eva says

It will be the biggest mistake cancelling this show.
    Finally you have a show worthwhile watching and you are thinking
    of canceling it ? Instead of the show why don’t you let go the
    person who suggested it.