Big Brother: Season 16 Ratings (Sun)

Big Brother CBS TV show season 16There aren’t many shows that could sustain a three nights a week schedule but Big Brother on CBS has done it for years. Will viewers continue to want to watch all that Big Brother? Will the series be cancelled or renewed for season 17? Stay tuned.

Big Brother typically airs three nights a week — Wednesdays (veto), Thursdays (eviction), and Sundays. Julie Chen is the host once again.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

9/24 update: CBS has renewed Big Brother for two more seasons, through Summer 2016.

Final season averages for Sundays: 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.39 million total viewers.

For comparisons: Last summer’s Sunday night editions averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.65 million viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Big Brother TV series? Do you watch consistently? Should it be cancelled or renewed for another year?

Fritz October 13, 2014 at 12:40 am

I think it’s time to pull the plug on this show, it’s become an absolute bore like most fake “reality” game shows. Everything about this show is a cliche, the cast, the fights, the challenges, it’s become banal. Good looks only go so far when you have the personality of a 2×4, and the most interesting thing you do is mindlessly tweet and text message about your boring life. They can contrive power struggles and rows all they like but anyone who made it past the fifth grade can see ‘behind the curtain” with that.
Start putting some dramas or variety shows back on TV, maybe even some imported programs, anything is better then this drivel.

RAD September 25, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Please don’t cancel ‘BB’!!! I’ve watched this show from the start…I’m 50 plus years old.
I do wish ya’ll would think of casting some middle age folks on the program
Sorta switch the game up a little more!!!
There’s a lot of Grandparents out there that would love a chance to play this game. !!!
(Along with a chance to ‘WIN’)!!!
I get that the younger and SEXY make for Great TV….but us old people can be the wiser one’s. …and we also make some funny TV!
Gosh,what I’d do to be on BB!!!

Mel September 24, 2014 at 2:27 am

Cancel it. What a joke.

ruth September 20, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Don’t people over 49 count?We have more time and more money than the younger
viewers!

Rimmer66 September 17, 2014 at 2:49 am

BTW, show is renewed.

And those who bash the show don’t watch it.

admin September 17, 2014 at 7:17 am

It hasn’t been renewed yet but surely will be.

Tom September 15, 2014 at 3:50 am

Love BB, just wish production would leave them alone. Wish they would do a celebrity version like the UK does.

Tim September 7, 2014 at 6:30 pm

The aspect of BB that I enjoy is that it’s a study in human behavior. Take someone away from all the comforts of home, put them in the fish bowl and see how they react 24/7. This year’s HGs in particular are afraid to make the big moves and that’s puzzling. Now, here at the end, they’re starting to turn on each other. It’s gettin’ good!!!

Me September 2, 2014 at 3:49 am

I have watch BB for years but it really isn’t the same any more so I really don’t care if it gets renewed.

Deb September 1, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Please don’t cancel Big Brother. I love this show and wish it was on more then one time a year.

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I love Big Brother…definitely don’t cancel the show.

JP August 31, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I enjoy but this season has been too predictable. They need to do better casting.

Anonymous August 22, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I hate bkg brotner please cancelled big brother for next summer

JR Jansen August 19, 2014 at 11:31 am

Backstabbing 101…a showcase for bad behavior. Absolute DRIVEL for mindless idiots. Each year, I keep hoping someone will drive a stake through its heart and kill it off, once and for all.

amber cook August 17, 2014 at 7:09 pm

hi i just started watching big brother i love the show please dont end big brother please put more on make it a permint show it rocks its cool lot the guys on show are amazzing the show is great do more seasons please its great id be on but i am very shy on tv pkus neaver been on tv and never ment any one famous mefore in my life or been to concerts so big brother to me is me there if you get what i mean please do more big brother its so cool

Cheryl Fullerton July 1, 2014 at 2:48 am

I love, love, love Big Brother! I have watched the show from the very beginning and would even live to be on it. Hell no, it shouldn’t be cancelled!