Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

C.Lee June 19, 2014 at 7:23 pm

BLACK BOX is my favorite show. I am disappointed this was canceled.
It has heart and brain.
I wall miss it

Andrea Vitrano June 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I love Black Box!!! Please do not cancel!!!!!

Anonymous June 19, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love Black Box, I think ABC should have presented the show during the summer or fall. Its seems most of the spring lineup for most networks were cancelled. The show is amazing and worth watching. It is disappointing to witness so much garbage on television, while other meaningful stories are dropped due to poor ratings.

John Howell June 19, 2014 at 11:52 am

A word of warning to all TV Companies, It is your prerogative to cancel shows at the drop of a hat because they don’t appear to be an instant success.
However, the more you do this, the more you will continue to shake customer confidence to the point of despair and the public in general will eventually not want to invest their time in any new show/s.
Yes, We realise the importance of Ratings but to cancel a show after airing just a few of its episodes, leaves a bitter taste and I’m sure a compromise could be agreed to reschedule the remainder of the show to a lesser prime time slot in order to complete the season for its ardent followers.
Signed,
A well wisher.

Tina June 19, 2014 at 9:26 am

Caught up on the. Black Box on the iPad. Love it!

kristal June 19, 2014 at 3:09 am

I love this show please keep the show please and thank you

Katherine June 19, 2014 at 1:31 am

Please keep black box. I love this show and need to see ALL the episodes!!

Kristina Armstrong June 19, 2014 at 12:21 am

NOOOO!!! Do NOT Cancel Black Box!! It’s an Awesome show with Great actors that deals with difficult topics!! Please don’t do it!!!!

booshie June 19, 2014 at 12:11 am

I love this show ~ don’t cancel!

Crystal June 18, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Love the show!

Barbara P June 18, 2014 at 10:54 pm

The first episode was a bit over the top I must admit. I’m glad I continued watching the series now that I’ve gotten to know the characters and understand the story line a bit better. I think it should continue for another season!!

Victoria June 18, 2014 at 9:57 pm

For once a show about people like me..please keep it on the air

April Frisby June 18, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I love this show….don’t cancel it

Carol Talbott June 18, 2014 at 9:26 pm

My whole family loves this show. The acting and the subject manner is great. Show us the remaining episodes and give it some time of find a larger group of fans. Not all of us watch sports and reality shows people. don’t cancel this show

OwlLover June 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I NEED more Black Box!!!! I love this show. It has so much potential and I would be thoroughly disappointed if it were cancelled!