Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Anonymous July 25, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Please don’t cancel Black Box This is really a good program. I can think of other shows that I could live without. When Black Box first aired, I didn’t care for it. After watching a few episodes, I really got into it.
Lulu

Teresa July 25, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I love black box. It’s not the typical medical drama.

Robin July 25, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Great show, actually the first ABC show that I truly enjoyed watching. I think the show shouldn’t be cancelled, for it covers some of the most interesting topics : normality, fonctionnality in mental illness and the brain.

maureen ryan July 25, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Love the show ,but the topic needs more time to be developed. People need to know about functional bipolar individuals!!!!

rosalyn agosto July 25, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Nooo. Don’t cancel it, you are educating those that have no idea what bipolar is. It’s a shame if you cancel the show.

Ginnie July 25, 2014 at 2:52 pm

By the way the show ended last night – it seems as if it would be cancelled – and yet these tv stations leave on some of the most horrible shows – But I guess polls tell all – perhaps people are watching a favorite they have – It is too bad – truly liked!!!!

Alissa Robinson July 25, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I love this show!!! I will be extremely upset if it doesn’t continue on! This is a great story and it keeps me on edge every time. I’m always excited to see the new episode! Please let there b a second season!!

Bill July 25, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I think this show depicts many conditions that people don’t necessarily want to talk about but are very real. The show has laid out several medical conditions that people may have heard about but don’t understand. I think Dr Black is a very interesting character and I really hope it is renewed for another season. This is one of the few shows we make sure we DVR so we don’t miss an episode.

Luisa July 25, 2014 at 2:40 pm

You should definitely air the rest of the episodes and please, please DON’T cancel the show!!!!

It’s a good series and given the chance, could be a great one!

rich July 25, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Great Show

please do not cancel

MARYELLEN July 25, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I love this show…..PLEASE RENEW IT

kazy July 25, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Please keep it on. If need to cancel start with the other junk first like the Goldbergs.-

Ginnie July 25, 2014 at 3:03 pm

At least 20 shows could be added besides the Goldbergs – one season of these is enough!!!!

Lynda Davis July 25, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I love this show, well written and brings light to this awful problem, please do not cancel it

bill July 25, 2014 at 1:25 pm

love black box

Shirley July 25, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Black Box is one of the best programs I have seen come on TV in YEARS……If you cancel this show you will be missing an important opportunity to help people understand mental illnesses. This is an important show for a lot of reasons besides being informative and educational.