$#*! My Dad Says: CBS Sitcom Canceled; No Season Two

Bleep My Dad Says canceled season twoWell, the $#*! may have hit the fan. It’s being reported that William Shatner’s sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says, has been cancelled after one season on CBS.

$#*! My Dad Says revolves around a young struggling writer who’s out of money and must move in with his cranky and opinionated father. The TV show stars William Shatner, Jonathan Sadowski, Will Sasso, Nicole Sullivan, and Stephanie Lemelin.

Despite people’s doubts that a Twitter feed could inspire a sitcom, the TV series got off to a solid start in September with a 4.0 rating and 12.58 million viewers. The next two episodes fell 18% and 12% respectively but the series was still doing well.

The numbers went up and down a bit over the course of the season but the series still ended up averaging a 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.42 million viewers. Since the rest of CBS’ schedule is doing so well, that rating put the series squarely on the bubble. Had it been on NBC, it would have been safe.

Should $#*! My Dad Says have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The one problem that $#*! My Dad Says had was that it lost a significant amount of the lead-in from The Big Bang Theory. That sitcom averages a 4.0 in the demo so $#*! loses 25% of that prime audience. Despite that, $#*! was reportedly still in contention up until recently, though it was looking like co-star Jonathan Sadowski might have been dropped.

Ultimately, it seems that CBS execs believe that they can do better with another show in the timeslot. Rules of Engagement didn’t perform as well as $#*! but was renewed anyway. The fact that CBS co-owns Rules, which is close to having enough episodes for syndication, likely had a lot to do with that decision.

TV show supportCBS has cancelled $#*! My Dad Says as well as fellow newbie Mad Love. CBS introduced three new sitcoms this season and only one, Mike & Molly, is expected to survive.

All 18 episodes of $#*! My Dad Says have aired with the series finale having run on February 17th.

We don’t know what Ed Goodson would have to say about this but series co-creator Jonathan Sadowski tweeted, “I regret to inform you that S**T MY DAD SAYS has been cancelled… Thanks for the memories!”

What do you think? Should $#*! My Dad Says have been renewed for season two? Will you miss it?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our CBS cancel/renew page.

Andrea Todd September 6, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Loved this show, showing what a real man should look like in the honesty department. Loved it. Stupid stupid stupid decison to wipe it.

zentog August 30, 2011 at 4:55 am

It was a great show . Bring it back. I want to know badly who his 3rd son is going to be does anyone know?

K-slay August 29, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Bleep my dad says

Sarah August 29, 2011 at 8:34 am

It is a shame it was canceled. I loved the show… Much better than Mike & Molly or Mad Love. William Shatner was perfect for the part. He really gave the show some character. Bring it back. If they can bring back Rules of Engagement… then why not bring back Bleep My Dad Says. I WILL WATCH.

Lynn August 29, 2011 at 6:53 am

why do they always take off comedies and add reality. Doesn’t anyone like to laugh anymore

Christine August 24, 2011 at 11:49 am

It was a very funny show, it was different but halarious, its a shame it is not coming back on.

karry August 24, 2011 at 9:12 am

Loved the comedy Bleep my Dad says, it was funny and very enjoyable to watch. I was very sorry to see it NOT renewed. As far as I am concerned, it held up as well as any other continued comedy series.

Halima August 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm

don’t cancel it Bleep my Dad said is clever, funny and entertaining. It is very well done and a bit different than other sitcoms. Halima

Judi Parcells August 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Bad decision cancelling bleep my dad says. I really liked the show. Gonna miss it. Why are all the good shows cancelled?

Karen August 15, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Whose idiotic decision was it to cancel a show with a great ensemble, a wickedly funny humor and an awesome addition to sitcoms worth saving. What is there to do now but regret (and hope that another network is smart enough to pick it up.)

Amber August 5, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I really liked that show. Can’t believe they kept Rules and got rid of Bleep. Bad idea.

Jessica August 3, 2011 at 2:30 pm

All this time I’ve just been waiting for the 2nd season to begin and to find out what the big ending from the 1st season was all about. -What a shame.

Kelley August 3, 2011 at 9:11 am

I loved that show! Practically everyone I knew watched it and I don’t see why it was cancelled. I’m a fan of several shows on CBS to include Rules of Engagement and HIMYM. I will truly miss Bleep and seeing Shatner’s cranky face every week. Please bring the show back CBS!

April August 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I will really miss “Bleep My Dad Says” my husband and I really liked it.

J.Williams July 30, 2011 at 8:42 pm

This is quite possibly one of the poorest decisions cbs has made lately…lol..I, myself won’t be paying much attention to them after this. It was a good show, I too have seen every episode. I am not shocked, but, it surprises me that these people who are supposed to have their fingers on the pulse are basically brain dead.