Bones: FOX Series Renewed for Seasons Five and Six

BonesFans of the Emily Deschanel/David Boreanaz series, Bones, won’t have to worry about their show being cancelled for awhile. FOX has just given the series a two year renewal.

Bones is centered on an unlikely alliance between an FBI agent (Boreanaz) and a forensics anthropologist (Deschanel) and her team. The rest of the cast includes Michaela Conlin, T.J. Thyne, Eric Millegan, Tamara Taylor, Michaela Conlin, John Francis Daley, Patricia Belcher, and David Greenman.

Considering that Bones’ ratings are strong, its seemed odd that the show hadn’t been renewed until now. According to Variety, the holdup was over a common topic these days, license fees.

To no surprise, the FOX network and the show’s studio, 20th Century Fox TV, are owned by the same company. While you might expect that that would make things easier, it actually made for longer negotiations. There are other profit participants involved so there was extra due diligence to make sure a renewal deal reflected the show’s true market value.

When the negotiations were finished, Bones executive producer Hart Hanson confirmed the news to fans via his Twitter account. He later wrote, “Thank you BONES fans for your response to our pick-up. Thank you so much. We are all so gratified. We love working on our show. Thanks.”

The show is expected to return in the Fall and FOX will announce its 2009 – 2010 schedule on Monday.

Katrina July 12, 2009 at 9:20 pm

TY. So much for bringing this show back. My husband is a real nerd so it is hard to find TV shows that we both love. This one has all the mystery and nerdy qualities for both of us. This is one show that has brought us closer. Your writers are amazing they keep us guessing. Keep up the great work.

Birdy June 28, 2009 at 3:28 am

I love all the the “squints” Everyone in this show has a purpose to show the world. To all of the Squints I love each one of you. Thanks

Birdy June 28, 2009 at 3:24 am

Thank you for continuing BONES! This show is Awesome and Amazing, my oldest daughter and I love it and don’t know what we would do with out it. We bought series 1-3 and are looking forward to season 4 and watching season 5 on tv. BONES show us that friendship is not just about being there or listening its about much more and what true friends will go through and or you. Thank you. Keep them coming. We want a lot of Seasons. Birdy

Crystal June 21, 2009 at 8:44 am

I’m so glad to hear that BONES is being renewed. Emily and David’s chemistry has continued to get stronger over the years, and the “squint” squad completes the package! I miss Zack, but feel the show didn’t really suffer in his absence. The parade of replacements for him (minus Daisy) was entertaining and brought a new element as each of them had their own interesting and unique personalities.

I am SO HAPPY that I can continue to watch my favorite actor (I like David better than even the big screen/ big name/ big paycheck guys) for 2 more years! Thank you FOX!!!

Brittannie June 19, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Bring back Zack. He is my favorite. Love the show

Marggie June 19, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Where is Zack? You HAVE to bring back Zackaroni!!!! Zackaroni and Hodgepodge, there a team. What the heck, have to have Zack, he is the reason my group watches all the time!!! Bring back ZACK!!!!

Bex June 11, 2009 at 3:34 am

Yay! I love Bones so much. Whats going to happen with the chemistry that’s still between Hodgins and Angela?? I cant wait for the next seasons- it’s my favourite show of the week. Its a dream of mine to actually be on bones or just meet the cast.

leash June 5, 2009 at 9:09 pm

i love bones… i hope that zack will be coming back. and that bones and both do not get together til the last season ever.

x files June 2, 2009 at 2:03 pm

bones will be back and there beter be some action!!!

beth May 29, 2009 at 9:14 pm

ZACK BETTER COME BACK!!!

ginny May 24, 2009 at 9:11 pm

cant bare to think bone might have been cancelled. one of the best family telivision

Aly May 24, 2009 at 11:13 am

So very very happy that it’s coming back. I would have been throughly distraught if it wasn’t! I love this show so much!!!

Lori May 19, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Love the show so excited to know that there will be at least 2 more seasons! I hope that it stays in one time slot for the entire season so that it can gain even more fans.

Bonnie May 19, 2009 at 11:33 am

Glad to see it’s coming back.. Now for the big question… Is Zack???

Lila May 18, 2009 at 10:46 am

Love this show. What more can I say?