Breaking Pointe: CW Pulls the Season Finale

Breaking Pointe: canceled or renewed for season three?The CW has decided to replace the season finale of Breaking Pointe. A pair of Whose Line Is It Anyway? reruns will air instead on September 23rd. It’s unclear when or if the Breaking Pointe finale will air.

The network renewed the Ballet West docu-series last year despite poor ratings and this summer’s ratings have been even worse. Season one averaged 780,000 weekly viewers while season two has been averaging 490,000.

Meanwhile, Whose Line Is It Anyway? has been the network’s best performer of this summer. Even reruns have been performing better than other shows’ originals. Last night’s reruns attracted about 1.8 million.

What do you think? Have you been watching Breaking Pointe on The CW? Are you hoping that they air the finale? Would you like a third season renewal?

UPDATE: Ballet West has indicated that the last episode of the season is a recap so it doesn’t sound like viewers will be missing any original content. The ballet company still plans to host their “season finale party” on the 23rd in Salt Lake City.

30 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ChicksHateMe says

I was just going through my TV.com Show list and thought “How long since I saw Breaking Pointe?”. I was kind of shocked that it says here it was cancelled. I wasn’t so shocked to hear it had a low viewership. I don’t even know how I stumbled upon the show. I don’t remember seeing it advertised anywhere and I really didn’t watch the CW itself at all. I really did like the show. It’s different than anything else I’d seen. I have kids in theatre, and it I’d love to see, or find, a show like this about theatre and stage personnel. Sorry to hear it’s not coming back….

2. Genevieve says

Breaking pointe was a show about real people with actually talent. It was about real relationships and the JOB that these wonderfully gifted dancers held. The entire plot of the show wasn’t “drinking, sex, fights, more drinking, beach trip, sex, drinking, fights”. As a dancer, this show was a way for my family to truly understand the life that I’m choosing and that I’m looking forward to starting. It wasn’t just me telling them what I do day to day. Breaking Pointe was my guilty pleasure, along with many of the girls I dance with.

3. says

Loved the show……I’m so sorry that it a has been canceled……all the good shows seem to get canceled…….the tv folks wonder why we stop watching its because u get invested in a show and then they cancel it. Please bring it back

4. Linda says

Luv,Luv,Luv Breaking Point!!! Please bring it back for another season!!! These dancers are so tremendously talented. They need to be seen, and we need to see them!!!!

5. Sherry says

I really enjoy this show and hope that they bring it back for another season! I just finished watching season 2 on HULU. I really enjoy this show and the look behind the scenes at these REAL people and the REAL (not made up or over-the-top) drama they bring to TV. PLEASE RENEW!!

6. Cole Sharman says

love this show, i’ve watched every episode, reality shows about actual talented people instead of people who screwed up there life, should be more focused on. who’s line is it anyway is stupid.

7. Milka says

I found out about this show rather late in the season. It is one of the best “reality” shows available. I love ballet, and this show illustrates the inner workings of this art form so well. I hope CW decides to air the season finale and I get to see it, but I also hope that they will give it another season. I think many people do not know it is there, just as I did not know, and if they did, the ratings would improve.