Dads: Season One Ratings

Dads on FOX ratingsThis new sitcom has received lots of terrible reviews. Will Dads also get poor ratings as well? Cancelled or renewed for a second season? We’ll have to wait and find out.

Dads revolves around two successful video game developers (Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi) whose lives are turned upside down when their fathers (Martin Mull and Peter Riegeret) move in. The rest of the cast includes Brenda Song, Tonita Castro, and Vanessa Lachey.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/7 update: FOX has cancelled this sitcom after one season.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.50 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dads TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

93 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Megsadumbho says

Meg, how can you say the writing sucks? You know they shoot in front of a live audience right? They also do rewrites ON THE SPOT if they don’t get a good amount of laughter on a specific joke. God, you’re so stupid. You probably just hate anything Seth Macfarlane touches. Go play in traffic.

2. says

I love dad’s it’s a cool show to watch on Tuesday nights, and Seth McFarlane does it right so I would it recommended to others. It’s a good idea for the viewer, and I enjoy it. Thank you Anthony Saccoccia a fan.

3. Ryan says

I think People are morons cause Dads and Brooklyn 99 are way funnier than both the Mindy project and The New Girl. The problem is ppl have no sense of humor unless it’s basic slapstick comedy like the two I named above. Brooklyn 99 and Dads especially has its controversial moments but **** ppl you watch movies that do much worse. If gays want to be accepted then they deserve to be made fun of like everyone else and not treated special. I’m Black and I deal with racist types of jokes everyday relax ppl and get a sense of humor theses show more than dererve to stay.

4. ilopez says

I love this show, and laugh so hard every time I see it. I hope they don’t cancel it, and give it a second season.

5. Dana says

I love This show (Dads)!! Fox notoriously cancels shows that I love!!! After one season, after I’ve watched loyaly and am totally hooked!! I really hope they keep this one going!! I laugh so hard every time I watch!!!

6. Sol says

First episode was somewhat funny, in the “racist” way everyone was complaining about, but thinks in their head. The second episode was hilarious, I seriously rewatched a scene 4x, entertaining my family w/ my uncontrollable laughter. The 3rd and 4th episodes have both provided at least 2 LOL scenes, while being very entertaining the remaining times. I personally didnt like Seth McFarlane’s other shows, but I love this one. Its tied with Brooklyn 9/9 for my favorite new show.

• Angel K says

I love love LOVE this show! I started out thinking Brooklyn Nine Nine was going to be the handsdown favourite for me this season & now I find myself FAR more entertained by “Dads”… This last episode with the “physical” had me literally laughing so hard I cried… I hope it won’t get cancelled. I don’t understand the racist backlash… It is a COMEDY – no worse than Family Guy that has enjoed HUGE success. Lighten up people! GREAT show!!!

7. Joe says

I love this show. the problem is that the comedy is not “dirty” enough so people are not entertained by it.

8. RGame says

Does anyone on this site write intelligible sentences in the comments section?

Look around at the comments on the stories here. Not just this one. They’re all for the most part unintelligible.

9. walter says

I THINK DADS IS JUST PLAIN FUNNY, NOTHING SPECIAL, JUST MAKES U LAUGH AFTER A HARD DAY. MORE OF WHAT WE NEED ON SITCOMS THESE DAYS.

10. Jt says

I watched the first chapter, but I do not know if I back. It is not bad, but for me was the weak one of the 4 comedies. New Girl and Mindy Project awesome, and Brooklyn Station not bad neither. Dads the dads so annoying and the sons so wreaks, it is not so funny. I think I prefer NCIS and perhaps Shield if I have to choose.