Dogs in the City: Season One Ratings

Dogs in the City TV show ratingsHere are the latest ratings for the Dogs in the City TV show in which dog training expert Justin Silver helps clients solve their pet problems. The first season of Dogs in the City typically airs on Wednesday nights on the CBS network.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Dogs in the City is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Check out our CBS summer ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season ratings: 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.29 million total viewers.

Episode 01-06: Wednesday, 07/11/12 (finale)
0.9 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.63 million.
Season averages: 1.03 in the demo with 5.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Wednesday, 06/27/12
0.9 in the demo (-18% episode-to-episode change) with 4.72 million.
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 5.42 million.

Episode 01-04: Wednesday, 06/20/12
1.1 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.95 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 5.59 million.

Episode 01-03: Wednesday, 06/13/12
1.1 in the demo (+22% episode-to-episode change) with 5.55 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 5.81 million.

Episode 01-02: Wednesday, 06/06/12
0.9 in the demo (-31% episode-to-episode change) with 5.15 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 6.72 million.

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 05/30/12
1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.72 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.30 in the demo with 5.94 million.

It was an underwhelming start for the new reality series. It tied with a repeat of The Middle on ABC for second place. If it dips in week two (as most new shows do), it’ll likely drop to third or fourth place. This premiere was less than half of what CBS saw from last summer’s Big Brother return.

What do you think? Do you like the Dogs in the City TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Bethany March 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I liked the show. Does it need some adjusting? Yes! Like spending LESS time on the problems and the follow up at the end and MORE time on the actual training. I know he worked with them on more things then just a couple minutes worth each dog. I’d like to see only two families instead of three, because that is just rush rush rush! It’s a positive reality show and I love seeing it then that other crap like big brother do so well. Wish this show would stick around! We need more positive people like Justin to look to.

J. R. Patterson March 8, 2013 at 8:03 am

My wife and I both enjoyed this show. My wife is a professional pet sitter and knows a great deal about dogs, so if she was impressed ( and she was) that means a lot. There are a lot of absurd reality shows on TV at this time, but Dogs in the City is NOT one of them. I find it hard to believe that Dogs in the City isn’t worth a chance at a second season. Perhaps it belongs on Animal Planet, Discovery, or PBS. This is a show that will enrich the lives of dog owners in addition to providing some entertainment. I recommend renewing it for Season Two, if not on CBS then again, on some channel like Animal Planet.

Sharon Shipp February 17, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I would love to see Dogs in the City renewed. It is a great positive show. There are so few shows out there which are positive and this is a good feel good show! Please say YES and renew the show!!!!

ctruax February 9, 2013 at 1:31 am

i think that they should bring back dogs in the city!!! he is so much better than dog whisperer!!!

Barb February 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I loved that show. I would even watch the reruns again. So much good information.

Durelle January 26, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I would love to see the show renewed. I learned so much about dogs and I’m a cat lover. Justin has a wonderful way of interaction with the dogs and the families.

Lana January 11, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Awful show. Please do NOT bring this back.

Robert D'Alonzo January 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm

My wife and I loved this show. We are hoping it comes back for another season. We learned that it is as important to change the owners bad habits as much as the dogs. Please bring it back. We love animals and enjoyed the way Justin interacted with both the pets and their owners.

Max Patterson January 4, 2013 at 1:24 am

It is terrible to let this show end.

Team Whisperer November 24, 2012 at 12:04 am

bad show. If you want to watch a real dog show and learn about dogs, their behaviors and their relationships with humans? Watch the dog whisperer. puts this show to shame….really. This show will definitely be canceled.

Helen November 15, 2012 at 11:16 am

My husband and I love this show. I actually learned a lot about my dog from this show.
I really like the way Justin interacts with the owners of the dogs. It really makes us laugh.
We have seen ourselves in many of the ways owners do it wrong.

Cindy Tague November 4, 2012 at 7:02 am

We absolutely love Dogs in the City!!! Please bring it back for a second season!!

Anne Levy October 29, 2012 at 4:27 am

Please bring back Dogs in the City! Great program!

barbara October 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I totally agree with Beth’s comment about please..please bring it back…it wasn’t just about dogs but about relationships not only with dogs but with other people. It really is an upbeat island of enjoyment that brings more smiles than frowns

Beth October 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

LOVE this show, please bring it back! We watch very little on TV and this was one of the FEW shows that we would look forward to. It was fun and educational and had the element of mystery. . . would Justin get bitten by the next crazy dog? He did so well with them it was just amazing. PLEASE PLEASE bring it back. Or let someone else pick it up, like PBS or whatever. People NEED to learn this stuff!!!