Extant: Season One Ratings

Extant TV show on CBS ratingsIt used to be a big deal when a movie star starred in a TV show. Now, they get cancelled just as quickly as any other series. How will Halle Berry and Extant do on CBS? Will it be renewed for season two or will it be cancelled after one short season? Stay tuned.

On Extant, astronaut Molly Woods (Berry) returns to Earth after a year-long solo mission in outer space. Her reunion with her family is thrown into turmoil when it’s learned that she’s pregnant. Others in the cast include Goran Visnjic, Pierce Gagnon, Hiroyuki Sanada, Camryn Manheim, Grace Gummer, and Michael O’Neill.

10/9 update: Extant has been renewed for a second season CBS.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.15 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Extant TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

T October 13, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Please please please renew Extant for a second season!!! This show is amazing and I want to see what’s going to happens next!

Angie October 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I thought the show was amazing!!! I hope it returns for a second season.. I loved the first season and want to see what happens when she returns to earth for the second time..

Jauregui FAMILY!!! October 5, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Please read this whole comment. This is amazing show! Every Saturday my family and I always watch Extant and we love it! If people don’t like it then then they don’t have to watch it!

Katie October 4, 2014 at 3:28 am

Please don’t cancel! I just found this show on amazon instant video and it’s awesome! Definently up there and on par with the best tv shows right now like walking dead and the Americans. Please renew for season 2 I would watch and my friends will watch I need to know what happens! Thanks!

Mirabelle October 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I don’t watch TV — just occasional movies and I really enjoyed EXTANT. Hope it stays. I haven’t turned on the TV in 2 weeks.

Kavya October 2, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Keep the show.

Bill October 2, 2014 at 6:54 am

This is the theater of big ideas and the writers do not shy away from deeper than usual discussions and observations. I wonder if CBS is evaluating its life on Amazon, where I found it. It was one of the enticements of purchasing Amazon prime – along with Falling Skies. Do all these post-air viewers via other methods hold any weight with the Powers That Be?

Emily alfred October 2, 2014 at 12:23 am

I LOVE EXTANT
PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT

rob October 1, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I didn’t think it was very good either. Most people here who mention how ‘great’ the show is, for some reason feel compelled to compare it to ‘reality tv’ and have to mention how bad everything else is on tv. Is that why this show is good? Because everything else is so bad? Because by the end of the year only half the original viewers stayed. I don’t care how cute you all think Ethan is..CONTINUAL weekly drops in viewership has got to mean something. It means no season two and another epic fail for Spielberg on tv. sorry, the truth hurts sometimes. to each their own. if you loved watching it with your whole family then great. that doesn’t mean everybody else has to like it

Phil October 1, 2014 at 3:45 am

Basic plot element lifted directly from Tarkovsky’s “Solyaris” which is a fantastic film, by the way. Very good concept and writing and pretty good acting. Best new series anywhere on TV with the exception of “The Knick” – also excellent and wonderfully original.