Flashpoint: CBS Orders More Episodes But Is That the End?

FlashpointA couple weeks ago, we reported that President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler said that the network had six leftover episodes of Flashpoint and that they “most likely” would air over the Summer. She noted that the TV show has been a good utility player for CBS but didn’t indicate if it had much of a future there.

CBS licenses Flashpoint from Canada and ran most of the season three episodes last summer. CTV has already ordered season four and those 18 episodes are currently being produced.

It’s now being reported that CBS has licensed seven of those new installments of Flashpoint, will combine them with the leftover six, and run the 13 episodes this summer.

ION has purchased a syndication package of the 62 episodes of Flashpoint, including the 11 episodes that CBS didn’t purchase. The cable channel is expected to begin running the series sometime after the CBS run.

This is certainly good news for faithful viewers but it seems like this may signal the end of Flashpoint on CBS. Fortunately, it looks like the show’s future isn’t dependent on CBS’ participation since CTV ordered season four without the US network.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s more Flashpoint coming?

Canceled and renewed TV show

154 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. tvcritic2011 says

I love Flashpoint, it is a terrific show. It keeps you completely mesmerized while they figure out what to do with each situation, plus the character development is excellent. I’ve become so invested in this show and hope to see a lot more episodes continue!

2. wanda says

I love flashpoint please don’t cancel it. there are no good shows on own because everything is reality shows and for my part if all the good shows are gone i see know reason the have tv.

3. says

Flashpoint is a fantastic show and the actors are truly suited to their roles. It is by far one of the best TV shows in recent history. Please don’t cancel the show – keep them coming! I have yet to see a show which does not bring tears to my eyes.

4. marilyn says

why can cbs not see that fri night needs flashpoint. great show. reminds me of ncis a while back. keep the good shows, please

5. Kweta Danner says

Hi. Just want to say again how great this show is!!! CBS is crazy for not having it on full time. Canada just has better taste in shows. Glad ION is going to have the show on since CBS will probably not carry it at the end of the summer. CBS…..What is wrong with you???? Flashpoint cast, directors, writers and everyone….awesome show!!! Keep up the great work!!! A fan from NC

6. Gaye Lynn Hogg says

Please do not get rid of the best crime series on TV, and I am including all the US crime shows here. The plots are very believable and not over the top like American shows

7. says

Flashpoint is the best police show on TV since SWAT was on ABC TV a couple of years ago. Fine Acting and good scripts equals a fine show to me.

So CBS, please reserve a spot on the 2011-2012 season for them.

Or your ratings will go down It’s like the Opisite of CSI, When it is done until the next season we get blessed with Flashpoint to watch keep it going!
    Thanks.

Craig Schlachter

• nancy says

Flashpoint has become my favorite of the new shows. I hope we will be able to view this wonderful show for a long time to come

8. patrick tedaldi says

So CBS, please reserve a spot on the 2011-2012 season for them.

Thanks.