Fringe

FringeNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 100 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: September 9, 2008 – January 18, 2013
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole, Mark Valley, John Noble, and Michael Cerveris.

fringe past TV show

TV show description:
This sci-fi drama, created by J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Felicity), begins at Logan Airport in Boston. Flight 627 from Hamburg, Germany, has just arrived after having flown through an electrical storm. When FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) and her partner John Smith (Mark Valley) are summoned to the airport, co-worker Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo) informs them that the flight has landed via autopilot. Everyone onboard is dead and their organs seem to have melted.

Homeland Security Chief Phillip Broyles (Lance Reddick) immediately suspects terrorism and wants Olivia and John to investigate two Middleastern men who’d been seen at the airport handing a Caucasian man a suitcase. While investigating a storage facility, an explosion occurs, sending John to the hospital with symptoms similar to those from flight 627. Olivia researches John’s condition in order save him and recovers the name of a former government researcher of fringe science, Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble).

Dr. Bishop’s been institutionalized for the past 17 years after an experiment in his lab caused a lab assistant’s death. With the help of his estranged son, Peter (Joshua Jackson), she recruits Dr. Bishop to help her solve the current flesh eating phenomenon. Their examination into the epidemic leads them to Massive Dynamic, a multi-billion dollar corporation. The mysterious Nina Sharp (Blair Brown) is the executive director of the company’s fringe division and stonewalls outside inquiries.

Under the auspices of Broyles, Olivia, Dr. Bishop, Peter, and lab assistant Astrid Farnsworth (Jasika Nicole) soon discover that what happened on a runway at Logan Airport is part of a much bigger mystery. While trying to piece together what is going on, the team encounters additional strange occurrences like genetic mutations, rapid aging, levitation, reanimation, and telepathy.

space

Series Finale

Episode #100 — “An Enemy of Fate”
Click here to read a detailed recap of the last episode.
First aired: January 18, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Fringe TV series? Did you like the last episode? Do you think it should have lasted more than five seasons?

Lori January 16, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I just started watching fringe about 2 weeks ago. I went through all 5 seasons. I love it….couldn’t wait each day to see the next few episodes. This show needs to come back. Loved it

Neil Sayer December 14, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I agree with all the comments regarding how good this series was & how much it’s being missed. Maybe they could make the occasional film like they have been doing with X-Files.

Tom Robledo November 17, 2013 at 9:17 am

Another tragic loss. I watch shows like Fringe not because they are popular, but because viewers like me enjoy escaping the reality of life sometimes. I just wish the networks would pay more attention to our likes and dislikes.. Miss the show tons gratefull for Netflix for including Fringe in their collection.

Barbara May 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Bring back my favorite show.

Noreen Gruber May 13, 2013 at 3:39 pm

THE NETWORKS LEAVE ON BACHORLETT AND OTHER CRAP LIKE ISLAND EXPERIENCE WITH STUPID FAKE PEOPLE AND ENDLESS SPEAK ABOUT HOW STRONG AND VIRLE AND STUPID STUNTS. SHOWS LIKE FRINGE THAT WAS A LITTLE MIND BENDING A LITTLE ODD TOOK YOU OUT OF EVERYDAY GRIND FOR AN HOUR. SOME OF THE COMEDY SHOWS WITH ENDLESS SEXUAL REMARKS AND THE APPEARENCE OF REAL LIFE IS MIND EATING BRAIN CELLS. WHAT A SHAME THIS SHOW HAD TO GO. SHAME ON YOU

carlena April 26, 2013 at 1:28 pm

i miss fringe bring it back

Anonymous March 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm

love fringe Bring it back please and yes it should have lasted longer ive been sitting here wondering where it went and waiting for it to come back sooooo Sad!

shake March 4, 2013 at 11:20 pm

When I first saw Fringe I was very excited about the pace of the show. I thought, they have a chance to do the x-files right. The x-files captivated people with a very intriguing sci-fi conspiracy, but then spent most of its time filling it with unrelated side stories. Dragging out they delivery of what we were interested in knowing. They hooked me with this interesting plot, but by time they delivered on explaining the conspiracy I had already lost interest. I really thought fringe was going to avoid this but they ended up going down the same road and now that they are explaining what’s going on I’ve already lost interest.

paul gonzagowski February 4, 2013 at 3:53 am

Awesome shoe.will be missed but ending could have been better by showing the older daughter instead.

Diane R January 20, 2013 at 11:06 am

I agree with Roby and others who liked it. Great series. I’ll really miss it. I would also sign a petition to continue it. Or pay a subscription fee for it to continue.

JackieWard January 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Enjoyed the whole series and wasn’t disappointed with the finale. It is so much better when they know a series is going to finish and they can give it a proper ending. I hate it when we, the viewers, are left hanging.

Peter G. January 19, 2013 at 11:36 am

I loved the series, but I need a little help with the last scene from the last episode. Can someone please tell me what or if there is a significance to the handwritten tulip that Walter mailed to Peter in 2015? Goodbye Fringe! Friday night will never be the same.

XweAponX January 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

It was a 2nd Season episode called White Tulip.

Walter had long ago asked God for a specific sign of forgiveness: a white tulip.

It that episode, he tell this to a man (Peter Weller) who can jump into the past and change the present. Which is what happens, the man basically erases the circumstances where he and Walter met.

But before he jumped back, he put the white tulip in the envelope and had it on his person with a note to deliver it to Walter at a certain date- the man then jumps back almost one year and gets killed with his fiancé.

Back in the present, the Fringe event never happened, but Walter gets the white tulip.

September had saved that white tulip from the original timeline and gave it to Walter after the observers took over. Walter had mailed it to Peter on the day the observers attacked, or, the day the observers never attacked. The day in the park.

If you pay attention to the story, what happens after Peter gets it is that Walter had vanished into the future, leaving Peter the video tape we had seen earlier in this episode.

Ironically, not Walter nor any of the Fringe family remembers Walters discussion with Peter Weller about the significance of the white tulip- but September knew all about it, which was why he took it from the other timeline.

TM January 9, 2013 at 6:03 pm

As my friend Kari, a fellow scientist, used to say: “This is the most ridiculous unscientific show I’ve ever seen. And I’m totally addicted.” It will be missed. I think casting Anna Torv as Olivia was a stroke of genius – she’s pretty, vulnerable, but tough – so many heroines I’ve watched are simply too beautiful for the role, to weak looking, or too stupid. She’s fantastic.

XweAponX January 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Agreed- she is everywoman- she could be anyone. This show has developed her into a great actress- ill be looking for her in the future.

She’s not gorgeous, she’s not ugly. She’s simply normal. Which is why I have always believed her character, even in the first season where she would lapse into her Aussie accent on occasion. I love her voice regardless of which dialect she uses.

Wil Mer December 8, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’m right there with roby. The networks do not realize what they have until it’s over. There are several very good shows that are either cancelled or in the process of that I look forward to and watch with great anticipation. How can the networks produce some of the garbage they produce and encourage viewers to view them by over marketing? How can they produce wonderful, intellectual shows then FAIL to market them to increase the so called “ratings”? Makes no sense to me unless they (the networks) just assume that everyone is as stupid as those garbage shows. I am insulted and saddened as the networks are facilloataing the “dumbing down” of society.

XweAponX January 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm

It is the proliferation of “reality shows” that have no basis in reality that speeds this dumbing-down process to breakneck speeds.

As a very long time TV show fan and critic, FRINGE is up there with St Elsewhere in greatness. That was another show that had a good run and was ended appropriately.

It’s not the individual episodes of Fringe that are great- its the whole story, and the believable humanity of the characters.

There has not been this quality of show for a long time, and none of the non reality shows on today have anything close to the scope of greatness that was FRINGE.

roby December 4, 2012 at 9:12 am

Fringe is the only show on tv I look forward to watch on a weekly basis for the past 2 years, I’ll miss the show immensly..I hate it when the network decides to cancel shows, because of ratings..I think they’re misled..big mistake…I don’t watch reruns..ea show was compelling, and the main characters are like family to me…well written episodes, well done writers!