Ghost Whisperer: Is Tonight’s the Last Episode? Maybe Not…

Ghost Whisperer canceledIt was a little bit of a surprise that Ghost Whisperer was cancelled by CBS earlier this week. While the show’s ratings have dropped significantly this season, many reported that the TV show was on track for season six. Well, CBS may have cancelled it but the TV show could still continue on ABC.

Ghost Whisperer follows Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt), a young woman who has the ability to see, talk to, and help the dead. Series regulars have included David Conrad, Camryn Manheim, Jay Mohr, Aisha Tyler, Christoph Sanders, Jamie Kennedy, and Kenneth Mitchell.

With the current ratings, Ghost Whisperer wouldn’t ordinarily be of interest to ABC. However, the network co-owns the show with CBS and actually handles the production in-house. They actually developed the series before CBS picked it up back in 2005. If the price is right, ABC would stand to make more money from season six episodes once they hit syndication.

If Ghost Whisperer moves to ABC, should it air on Friday nights?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

According to Deadline, negotiations for Ghost Whisperer possibly moving to ABC started on Tuesday afternoon and are still in motion. Word is that they are going well though there are a number of points to work out.

It’s positive that the showrunner for next season is already in place and producers have signed on. That means that the show is ready to go back into production. The Ghost Whisperer writing staff have all been asked not to take other jobs until a final decision is made.

For now, people are being cautiously optimistic. Deals like this have fallen apart at the last minute before but things are reportedly looking good. We’ll obviously keep you posted.

What do you think? Will a deal be made so that Ghost Whisperer can continue for year six on ABC? If that were to happen, when would you like to see it air — on Friday nights or in another spot?

theresa Angellilli December 31, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I can’t believe there will be no more Ghost Whisperer! My
mom and my best friend turned me onto to it last year! Since then,
I have watched every rerun over and over again! Being a new fan, I
can see why the ratings dropped! Melinda and Jim are a beautiful
couple, why would they chose an actor as their child who is cute
but nothing like the parents! The child really cant act much
either. I sometimes get embarassed for the little guy because of
his bad acting! In the future have Melinda and Jim act like real
life parents do today! Jim is a doctor, Melinda self employed, gosh
I don’t know a parent today who has that much patience with their
cildren! What a shame for a series… so many avenues to go down to
keep the storyline going!If I do’t get to see another new episode,
I wish all the actors and actresses best of luck in their future
careers!

Brenda December 29, 2010 at 8:58 pm

First they take away all the good soaps, now there taking away night time soaps too. There’s so many shows that should being off the air, but NOT GHOST WHISPERER

Anonymous December 29, 2010 at 7:02 pm

please bring back the show

Anonymous December 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm

ABC please bring the show back and don’t be stupid like CBS….show more of Melinda’s husband, Jim. They stopped showing him a lot in seasons past.

Michelle December 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Please bring the show back it was one of the best shows I have evered enjoyed watching, if there was ever a show I loved to watch and cry over it was this one I’m sure as so many other fans are just as bummed. Please, Pllleeeease bring it back!!!!!

KiM December 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Ghost whisPerer is amazing it has such a high demand. I was really shocked when I went to wat h the last episode and the voice over said …… This is the last ever episode…… Please don’t axe many belive on this show. It helps many believe that there is still hoPe. Silly CBS I should imagine they will loose plenty more viewers now!!!!!!

Anonymous December 26, 2010 at 10:46 am

The only low point in the show is the actor playing Aiden. He isn’t beleiveable.

Yasmin December 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I really don’t think you should cancel Ghost Whisperer. As someone previously mentioned, this show is worldwide. I live in Saudi Arabia for crying out loud! It’s amazing and it always makes me feel better, you know? I’m sure I’m not the only one to have cried during episodes, and mostly towards the end. They’re happy tears. The story line combined with the great actors is too good a deal to end.. Please don’t end this show!

Jman22 December 16, 2010 at 10:28 am

I love this show i dont care what channel u put it on just follow to season 6

Nancy December 15, 2010 at 7:38 am

ABC…please keep the show going!! It’s my favorite show out there and I really miss watching it!! Put it back on!!!

2snow December 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm

So much junk on TV. This is a heart warming, funny, suspenseful with a positive twist. I do agree killing Jim and having him still be himself is weird. A bad decision. Should never have killed him off but still worth the time and really the only show I have to tape. Please don’t cancel this show it’s missed in a big way already.

Katy December 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm

It’s crazy to cancel this are they mad it’s my favourite show on tv loads better than medium

nadine vasquez December 5, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I love watching Ghost Whispers…continue the show!!!!!!

joana davies November 24, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I love the ghost whisperer and i cant believe that i have just watched the last ever episode on Living TV please dont axe this great show ,it has been my wednesday nite guilty pleasure.
The cast and story lines have been great you could come back with the devil wants to take aiden or something.
I cant tell you the amounts i`ve cryed.
I know its an American show but my friends and colleagues in Britian love it and thats what should count that this show is world wide.
I have to tell you though,when jim died and went into sams body it confused me to the fact he didnt need to die as it was always jim even when you did 5 years on, and just watchin the last few epiosdes she introduces her husband as jim and not sam.see how it got confusing? but still i watched it.
thanks for you time

Anonymous December 3, 2010 at 7:21 am

please bring bc ghost whisperer,,theres still so much untold,,,,whats happend to her 1/2 brother & father,,they were out to stop her,,and the man in black,,where did he go???and whats happend to her friend that died in her car when the plane crashed,,see toooo much left open and unanswerd,,,my mum past away a little while bc,,ghost whisperer helps me cope,,it touches the hearts of so many,,,please bring it bc,,,touched by an angle ended,,,dont take this away too.

tina November 24, 2010 at 9:43 am

Put it back on!!! I LOVE this show!… I don’t care WHAT night it’s on!