Grimm: Season Two Renewal from NBC

Grimm renewedTo no surprise, NBC’s Friday night TV series Grimm has been renewed for a second season.

The cast and crew were reportedly given the good news today. Richard Hatem, one of the TV show’s writers, announced the news to fans on his Facebook page today. Another writer, Akela Cooper, tweeted, “Walk into the office this morning & our showrunners David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf tell me the good news: #Grimm is picked up 4 a second season!”

Many of NBC’s new series have been a disappointment this season and have either been cancelled or are expected to be — The Playboy Club, The Firm, Free Agents, and Prime Suspect. Grimm has been one of the network’s few bright spots.

Debuting late in the fall season on little-watched Friday nights, Grimm has been outperforming higher-profile shows like Are You There, Chelsea? and 30 Rock.

Out of the 18 scripted programs that have aired this season, Grimm ranks ninth and averages a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.27 million total viewers. On our NBC ratings report card, after adjusting for the Friday night timeslot, Grimm gets an “A”.

The final and 22nd episode of the current season is set to air on May 18th. NBC has ordered 22 episodes for next season right out of the gate this time.

Wondering what else has been cancelled or renewed? Check our updated list of current NBC shows.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Grimm has been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? What would you like to see happen in season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

75 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Steve & Renee says

Watch every episode and have a great time, always seems the episode ends to quickly. Characters are very inventive and we continue to ask ourselves about the police captain and the girlfriend”s roles….yeah we try and guess before we know the outcome. Stoked that there will be 22 new episodes to enjoy.

Will there be additional production budgets to improve the characters and sets? Have really enjoyed the progression of sets, special effects and character development.

2. says

I’m thrilled Grimm has been renewed! Maybe Nick should have a showdown with his captain, or Juliette should turn out to be a demon. Monroe is the best! Nick and Monroe’s chemistry is great! Keep “Grimm” going!

3. Debora says

I am so excited Grimm was renewed for another season. Even though there are so many cop shows out there each one trying to be “more of the highest of intelligence” than the other, Grimm holds it’s own with the uniqueness of it’s story line(s). I hope it continues for many more seasons. Yaay!

4. Anonymous says

Love this show so happy to know its coming back. I dare to say I enjoy it more than my Supernatural show which I record so I can watch Grimm. Really hope NBC doesn’t drop this show or try to do something to ruin it. Some actual good shows tend to get the boot before they truly get a chance to establish more of a fan base then get replaced with bad shows. I almost don’t know whose more to blame the networks or the viewers for not having better taste.

5. regie says

I am huge fan of Grimm and I love this show. Like othe fans, I too was scared, and a bit angry after watching Friday’s episode when it said, ” the final 6 episodes. This is one of the best tv shows I have seen in a while. I too had to do my own investigating on line after this scare, and was very happy to find out that Grimm had been renewed for a second season. NBC, stop scaring Grimm fans like that…..

6. Kyle says

I am also very pleased that the show has been renewed for another season! It is a great show with a great take on Grimm’s fairy tales. The story line is interesting and intriguing – I am looking forward to seeing where it will go. Keep it up NBC – don’t drop this great show!

7. karen biby says

My husband and i was scared when said last night to watch the final 6 episodes of Grimm. I couldnt believe it, something entertaining to watch, so sick of everybody just putting reality shows on and we dont watch any of them. Thank goodness keeping Grimm much better than Fringe or Supernatural.

8. Coolason says

I love, love, love this program! The imagination used to develop the characters is fantastic. I love to watch how they morph in and out of their forms. Monroe is my absolute favorite…

9. Josie k says

Glad to hear it was picked up for a second season! It’s one of the few truly interesting and fresh shows on TV now. I was worried it would be gone after just one season. Thanks, NBC, for sticking behind it a while longer.

10. M says

Just finished watching a new episode of Grimm tonight and it said at the end, the FINAL EPISODES I almost passed out thinking this was Cancelled?~! So I ran to the laptop to check out what is going on and I just read its been Renewed for a Season 2 with 22 Episodes?! SO Whats with the “FINAL EPISODES” announcement at the end of this episode tonight…… Trying to SCARE us or What?>!?> This show is FUN, Awesome, and Terrific Love ALL the characters in this show…and also its Funny at times …love the acting, writing and story lines…..Great Job!~ Hope its NOT cancelled and there are many more episode to enjoy…….

• Anonymous says

I’m glad to hear that Grimm was not cancelled. The show is creative, scarey, and just plain fun to watch. I look forward to it every friday. I hope they keep it on the air for a long time.

11. Sal says

Great to hear, this show always is top notch to watch. Now if they finally realize Community deserves to stay on more viewres would stay with NBC.

12. Jeannine says

Very happy Grimm is renewed! I think the special effects and story lines have been getting better and better with last week’s episode as one of the best. I like the different creatures each week but also like the intrigue of the police captain…what is his story??? And of course, no episode is complete without lovable Monroe.