Halt and Catch Fire: Season One Ratings

Halt and Catch Fire TV show ratingsHBO has found some success with their Silicon Valley TV show. How will AMC do with Halt and Catch Fire, another drama about the computer industry? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned!

Halt and Catch Fire takes place in the 1980s and follows the team at Cardiff Electric as they try to take on IBM in the home computer market. The cast includes Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis, Kerry Bishé, Toby Huss, and David Wilson Barnes.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically on Tuesdays.

8/20 update: AMC has renewed Halt and Catch Fire for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 760,000 total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Halt and Catch Fire TV series? How many seasons do you think it should run?

StevenKreg July 1, 2014 at 9:43 am

That scene had nothing to do with homosexuality, it had to do with Joe willing to do ANYTHING to get what he wants, even getting caught making out with a bigwigs son.

Viewer June 27, 2014 at 2:49 pm

The homosexual scene turned me off and that turned my TV off. Not watching homosexual propaganda. It had nothing to do with the plot. I hope this show is canceled.

ur stupid June 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm

what the fuck

Catherine Rhodes June 26, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I love this show. It keeps getting better each week. It’s a fascinating character study about the nature of obsession. Very smart TV. Please, AMC, do not cancel!

Jannerz June 25, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I love the women characters. They have so much dimension. Gordon is growing on me.
“Joe” is such a cameolien . Creepy. He’ll do anything from what I can get.
I plan to keep watching. Some of these characters could have been in college with me back in the 70’s

Daniel June 24, 2014 at 10:54 am

I think it’s going to be canceled.

AMC will let the first season air, but there will not be a second one. And it should be: so much better stuff on TV.

Markus F. June 23, 2014 at 4:22 am

Really love the show.

Sadly i doubt it will hold much attraction to peaople not knowing what a BIOS is or understanding the revolutionary concepts they are introducing.

Bob June 22, 2014 at 11:43 am

Sorry, but it jumped the shark early on with Joe’s “shocking” gay tryst. Seemed like a desperation move to me. Also, the “personal growth” story line of the genius punk rock girrrllll feels strained. Finally, they managed to dump most of the employees without more than 30 seconds of drama–lame. I think this show is going down the tubes. Too bad, since someone on the writing team appears to have substantial technical knowledge, and there undoubtedly are good stories to be told of that era in the PC industry.

Loving Halt and Catch Fire June 12, 2014 at 9:32 am

I am loving this show, I am confident it will be renewed for a second season, the writing is great. This show keeps getting better every week, I am completely hooked on Halt and Catch Fire, Joe Macmillian and his past is very interguing. I’m curious to see where his relationship with Cameron will lead, will Gordon and Donna make it now that he’s become more assertive and chasing his dreams and how Joe the pathological liar REALLY got those scars lol. Love, love, love this show also the music kicks ass !

Catherine Rhodes June 26, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I completely agree with your comment. These are some of the most interesting characters on TV.

Corax June 12, 2014 at 2:47 am

I really enjoyed seeing how this all started.

Opus June 12, 2014 at 1:43 am

Initallly I thought that I will end up disliking it, but it got me hooked instead. The actors were pretty interesting too.

Chuck Becker June 10, 2014 at 12:52 pm

We find the show riveting. Mackenzie Davis plays the difficult role of Cameron Howe and she exhibits the finest acting in light of all the show’s other character roles are easier “cookie cutter” type roles. None of the reviews on the web even mentioned her talent….they just refer to her haircut.

Sharon M June 9, 2014 at 4:52 pm

First episode good; characters are nuanced, writing seems good. I’ m interested to see where it goes as a story.

Howard Buck June 9, 2014 at 1:23 am

It just started . Wouldn’t dare put a time limit on it. I’ve needed this fix for awhile.

Patricia June 8, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, every character was cliché… bad version of the “Steve Jobs/bill gates story. ASMC needs to STOP thinking out of the box and simply go back to pure entertainment.

Barry and Sharon June 8, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Loved the first episode, was pulled right in. Can’t wait for more.