Happy Town: Final Episodes to Be Released Online Only?

Happy TownLast week, ABC revised their primetime schedule and the final two episodes of Happy Town were bumped. The move didn’t come as a big surprise since the ratings have continued to drop lower and lower.

It was speculated that the episodes might air on a Saturday night in July, following in the footsteps of fellow cancelled shows the forgotten (July 3rd) and Eastwick (July 10th).

Now, the unofficial word is that the last two episodes of Happy Town won’t even be shown on TV. Instead, they’ll be burned off on ABC’s website. The show’s official network representative couldn’t offer us any details but confirmed that ABC doesn’t have plans to air the final episodes in the foreseeable future.

The writers and producers of Happy Town have been told that they’ll be released online but haven’t been able to find out when that will happen either. We’ll keep you posted when we learn more.

UPDATE: The last episodes have been posted. You can watch “Dallas Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore” and “Blame it on Rio Bravo” here.

What do you think? Does it upset you that the last two episodes will be released on the Internet? Does it matter?

Audra July 3, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I don’t care how I got to watch the last two, but incredibly frustrated to not see the story to the end. I hope the writers will maybe write a book and complete it.

chuck July 3, 2010 at 7:20 am

so that was the ending wtf who writes this shit first graders i thought nthe show was good and these assholes make how many millions a year hope they go bankrupt dick heads

chuck July 3, 2010 at 7:18 am

what kind of idiots run that company assholes will not watch any more new stuff from these idiots leave people hanging screw you abc

James July 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm

ABC YOU SUCK! Not watching any more of your new show releases! Why get involved only to have them cancelled, it PISSES US OFF!

Cindy July 2, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I would prefer to watch it on TV; however, very glad I can watch the last two episodes on the internet. I very much liked the show. Different in a wierd way!

John Hopkins July 1, 2010 at 7:06 pm

This is the very reason that network television is destined to go the way of the Edsel. A perfectly mysterious story; albeit a weak dialogue script. Instead of trying to take advantage of a perfect marketing and entertainment opportunity, network TV management decides to scrap a show that could have had a limited, but profitable future. What you should have done is to have built momentum by using the twist of the story line and kept people guessing by faking the termination of the show and leaving clues about bring it back. Not the first time networks have missed this sort of perfect marketing approach. It demonstrates an inability of network execs to demonstrate vision beyond the end of their noses. Sad when the only vision is limited to pitiful reality shows.

AMELIA July 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I am really dissapointed ABC, The show was excellent – and you leave us wanting more. I hope you reconsider and keep on airing it.

Ruth July 1, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I just got through watching the last 2 episodes of Happy Town online. I loved loved loved them! So many twists to the mystery. I adore Sam Neill and he did an amazing job of acting. I, also, especially like the actors who play Sheriff Tommy and his dad and Dan. There are others that I like really well too but I won’t list them here.

I really get irritated when media people seem to think that everyone has a computer, everyone has Internet access, everyone has an iphone, ipad, blackberry, or you name it. For various reasons, including economics, geographical availability, and interest (some people who are on a computer all day at work don’t want to sit and stare at a computer at home and some people are just Not Interested in Technology) Not Everyone Has a Computer or if they do they Don’t Have Internet Access and not everyone owns other electronics, etc. Even the people who Have Computers only have the basic broadband (high speed Internet) and some still have dial-up which makes video watching online pretty much of an impossibility.

I was going to stop watching “The Gates” (after the pilot aired) because of the uncertainty of new shows continuing to air. My cousin is continuing to watch it so I decided (since we like to talk about our favorite shows on the phone – she’s out-of-state) I would do the same. But you know what? The pilot was really really good and the second episode of “The Gates” was So Amazing that immediately after it finished, I actually found myself feeling a “stab of fear” that ABC would be cancelling this brilliant show soon and I felt such a horrible feeling of loss. It was like having the best meal that you’ve ever had in your life and then wondering if it will ever be served again. I’ve always had an active imagination so when I watch a show I become heavily invested in it very quickly if it is a really good show. Hopefully, “The Gates” will be alive and well – at least till the end of the season. A show that I loved on a different network cancelled it after the first season so the minute that it was released on DVD I snapped it up on amazon.com. The end of Season 1, while open-ended, provided enough answers for me that I was satisfied enough with the ending tp buy the DVD. I watch it about 2 or 3 times a year, every year and I get much enjoyment from it.

BENEDETTE NORTON July 1, 2010 at 11:13 am

THAT IS A LOAD OF BULL. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. THAT IS WHY I STICK TO CABLE I DON’T EVEN THINK THAT I WILL EVER WATCH ABC CHANNELS ANY MORE.

Joline July 1, 2010 at 10:29 am

What happened on Happy Town?? Can someone explain it to me? I am confused. The bar scene left me scratching my head.

Kristen July 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I think that the 2 in the last scene (don’t want to write names since some may not have watched yet) were the magic men….I’m not shocked by the one.. but the other.. we haven’t seen until this episode?

Ruth July 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Happy Days are Here Again !!

The last 2 episodes of Happy Town are not only posted on ABC, now, they are also available to watch free on hulu.com Yeaaaaa !!

Steph July 1, 2010 at 8:28 am

This is B. S! they need to let those of us who really enjoyed it, watch it on t.v. come on ABC!!! I didn’t really want to watch a repeat of CASTLE last night:(

Lisa July 1, 2010 at 7:53 am

I’ve been watching the show online all along anyway. I’m just glad to be able to see the final episodes. Wish is were continuing, though.

Lisa July 1, 2010 at 2:57 am

Check out the ABC Website!

Lisa July 1, 2010 at 2:56 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSS, Better then nothing, wooooo hoooooo!!