Heroes: Bryan Fuller Quits NBC Series Again; A Nail in the Coffin?

HeroesAs even the most passionate Heroes fan can agree, the NBC sci-fi drama isn’t nearly as popular as it once was. Many once-loyal viewers fled after having had to endure a number of missteps in seasons two and three.

Heroes started to draw some viewers back into the fold earlier this year, after it had been announced that Bryan Fuller was returning to the show as a consulting producer and writer. Some credit him with helping to save last season’s final arc.

Fuller, who created inventive shows like Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me, was a co-executive producer during Heroes’ very popular first season and departed to run Daisies in 2007.

Now, Fuller has left the show once again. He’s in the midst of a two year deal with Universal Media Studios and will concentrate on his own projects. He said, “Development was really starting to heat up, and it appears like I may be writing multiple pilots for NBC so that wasn’t leaving a ton of room for Heroes, unfortunately.”

NBC has been struggling in the ratings and the once-strong Heroes has lost a lot of steam since season one. The show has already been renewed for season four but, in light of this news, will you be watching? Does this news signal the end of Heroes or can it survive to see another year? What would you do to fix it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

26 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. abd el fatah says

I think its a great show except the idea that there cant be more , it became just repeated over and over and the new ideas dont get stronger but it gets worse they have to make changes to renew the show and relive its soul again

2. joe says

The show is terrible and he didn’t save squat in the last season,actually it became worse than ever.
    I’m tired of Sylar,he must die forever,Nathan also sucks and the fact that the mutants are easily defeated by humans is pathetic too.
    Mutants would own humans easily.
    That’s why heroes suck big time.

3. gdubb says

what they need to do is some clean up.kill off some people in the first few episodes and introduce more bad guys. every good comic book has more villains than heroes that will keep the audience on there toes. it started to go down hill when they tried to make sylar a good guy

4. Joe Richard says

I loved this show from the beginning, fresh,smart, fun, it grabbed you and made you wonder, and hope with them.

It was funny to see the hype before the season 3 opener, then as the season progressed the stories got worse and worse.

Who cares if Fuller is there or not, it’s not like the story line got better once he came back. In fact with him there one of the worst episodes ever was with him there.

I think season 4 will the last one for this show, which is sad considering how strong it was at first, now the writing and such seems like they have no idea what to do.

As for the “cliff hanger”.. that was the biggest yawn yet. Sylar/Nathan is the stupidest idea yet.

I sincerely doubt that I will bother with the next season, because I already know what they are going to do, Sylar will figure out what happened to him, then play along for a bit, then when he feels he can make his move, he will retaliate against Matt and the rest for what they tried to do to him. All this leading to a final “showdown” between him and Peter.

5. JAZKP5 says

I think the show is pretty good. I do think it can be better, and I dont like the fact that Nathan is now Skyler….Kind of dumb. I hope it’s on for at least a few more seasons, and I hope they fix this Nathan/Skyer crap!

6. says

Yeah Heroes is a great and entertaining show, its fine for a tv show. everyone epects it to be epic like a movie or something but its a tv show and for a tv show its a pretty decent one, with a good cast.

7. LFDN says

Heroes really isn’t all that good it lost it’s spirit once Season 2 ended Heroes now just seem like some soup opera with powers

8. shar says

i have remained loyal since the beginning, but if they complicate the storylines and have characters disappearing, will give up on this show.

9. Mark says

I think it lost all credibility when they brought back the ice lady/twin and paired her with her dead sister’s kid. Moderated

10. Leo says

I didn’t see any increase in quality when he came back on board, so I don’t think this will matter a whole lot the next season. It’s sad to see what this show has become. Towards the end of last season I was to the point I didn’t care if I missed it or not and I even said once that cancellation might be a good thing for the show. Good luck Heroes, I hope season 4 will be kind to you.

11. Tim Zeep says

Heroes sucks. I still watch it but I have no idea why. They introduced a ton of characters, then they all just vanished with no explanation. LIke when Peter went into the future w/that Irish chick, what happened to that?