Heroes Reborn: Zachary Quinto Unlikely to Return as Sylar

Heroes Reborn SylarWhile talking to critics at the current TCA press tour, Zachary Quinto discussed the possibility of his reprising his role as Sylar in the upcoming Heroes Reborn mini-series.

He said, “I’ve been in touch with Tim [Kring, Heroes’ creator] and he told me they were doing this and we left the door open for me to be involved, the trouble is really my availability.”

The actor continued, “I don’t know that it would really even be possible. And it’s a challenge for me because that experience and role and opportunity really changed my life completely and sent me on a path that I might not have otherwise have been on, but at the same time I’m very interested in forward momentum. I’m very interested in expanding and defying people’s expectations of me.”

Quinto concluded, “I don’t know that going back to such a definitely iconic character would necessarily do that. So it’s a larger question that I haven’t had to answer because no one’s actually given me an offer. We’ll see. I’m glad they’re doing it and I know that whether or not I’m involved that the fans will enjoy it.”

What do you think? Would you like to see Quinto return as Sylar? Would you be satisfied with just a cameo of some kind?

Ricky July 15, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Sylar*

admin July 15, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Thanks

Why Watch July 15, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Season 1 was bearable, though too many storylines, the end of season 1 inane and season 2 forgetable, which I sonn stopped watching. I wouldn’t waste my time on a reboot.

rebecca July 15, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I cant wait till it comes out and sylar has to be in it, he makes the show complete wouldnt be the same without him!

Grandizer July 15, 2014 at 9:15 am

I have to agree, it seems that Season 1 was actually written is if there would be no season 2, and a horrible ending. But when they got the order in, they scrambled to make a season 2 and the first half dozen episodes were garbage. I think it got better after that, but never did it make it back to the heyday of season 1.
I also think the show suffered from too many storylines, characters that were only on the show long enough to advance the storyline, and a few “REALLY” type moments.
Will I watch the next iteration, you bet. :)

Just a simpleton July 15, 2014 at 7:56 am

I just watched season 2-5 for the sake of watching season 1 and hayden.. I wish the creators come up with more stronger story lines rather than some circus stories. But double thumbs up if they continue that madeline zima and hayden story line :P

Anonymous July 14, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Personally after we ruined Spock for me I will be happy if I never have to see him in anything again. I hope to see most of the rest of the cast come back though and I would be on board to buy the DVD

Anonymous July 14, 2014 at 8:00 pm

This show went completely off the rails at the end of season one. They really had no idea where they were going or how to get there and it showed.
Season 2 started terribly and I along with huge swaithes of the audience tuned out, leaving a third season in doubt. How it got to 4, I have no idea, but I doubt the prospect of returning to this is appealing to many people.

Robbie July 14, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I’m glad they’re reviving it, and his presence would be appreciated in any way.