Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Olivia Baldain August 25, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I really enjoy Judge Alex and Mason. I find Judge Alex to be extremely smart and witty. His show is entertaining and he is so funny in addition to being a fair and wise adjudicator. I am so very disapointed to learn his show is being cancelled. Poor decision on the part of the FOX network.

Carol August 23, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I love this show! Judge Alex is the best Judge on TV. I watch 2 shows a day! I will miss him.

Pam August 20, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Bring Judge Alex & Mason back!! They are an amazing team and always made me laugh! Need more like Judge Alex and LESS like Judge have no respect for people…Judy!!

Christine August 14, 2014 at 4:35 pm

It’s sad that I won’t see judge Alex but I love the show. I hope that they will change their minds

Priscilla August 13, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Judge Alex is a delight. So knowledgeable with a great sense of humor & not bad on the eyes. Love his bailiff Mason. Get rid of that bitch Judge Judy. She is so cruel.

Carolyn McPhee August 11, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I LOVE Judge Alex! I can’t believe they cancelled the show! They need to cancel Judge Mathis and move him there if Fox doesn’t want him@

Marnie Santarella August 4, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Why is judge Alex being cancelled? He is far the fairest judge…great sense of humor. …I never missed his shows and neither did friends or family even if we had to PVR them. HUGE,…GIANT mistake taking him off the air and one I’m sure you will all regret.

Anonymous August 4, 2014 at 11:33 am

cancel that bitch judge judy!

Sue July 31, 2014 at 6:05 pm

We loved watching Judge Alex. He had a great sense of humor!

mary July 30, 2014 at 1:23 pm

so many more should be cancelled…leave judge alex alone…he is amazing

junenaps@gmail.com August 15, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I so agree! I enjoyed that show more than all the others. Fair, manages his courtroom without being insulting. A real pleasant man.

John Gudeman July 28, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I thought this was a great show, & much more entertaining than any of the other courtroom dramas, including Judge Judy. I hope that Fox decides to bbring the show back!

Theresa Vieyra July 18, 2014 at 10:17 am

On today’s show Friday July 17 2014 they had a diagram that said convenient store mm It should have said convenience. Store.

Sadona Navoni July 15, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I loved Judge Ales, I think it was a big mistake to cancelled his show. I hope to see him on another net work.

Paula July 15, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Can’t believe it was canceled. Judge Alex had a great show. Learned a lot of legal information from him. He will be sorely missed.

cindy July 15, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I loved your show…so sad and surprised youe show has been cancelled :(( you are one of the best! You have heart, youremained a gentleman thruout your cases..no yelling or demeaning people…i will miss you greatly, hope to see you back on tv soon…your forever fan, cindy..God bless you.