Leverage: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Six

leverage last episodeTNT has officially cancelled Leverage after five seasons on the air. The action series will conclude its run on Tuesday, Christmas Day. Thankfully, the show about modern Robin Hoods will have a suitable ending.

Executive producer Dean Devlin recently wrote an open letter to fans. He penned, “As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show… Because of this uncertainty, John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned.”

Here’s TNT’s official statement about the cancellation:

TNT’S “LEVERAGE” COMING TO AN END

TNT’s Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its “stand up for the little guy” attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge. But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas, Tuesday, Dec. 25, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes.

We are honored to have worked with executive producer Dean Devlin, Electric Entertainment, creators John Rogers and Chris Downey, and all the cast and production crew on Leverage. We look forward to exploring new opportunities to work with them again in the future. We also want to thank the passionately devoted fans of Leverage, who have been the driving force behind its success.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Leverage won’t be back for a sixth season or do you think this is a good time to end the series?

Sharon Hood October 18, 2014 at 12:55 am

Hey guys I’m very disappointed also this show was dropped. They could easily run reruns on the USA NETWORK like NCIS, ETC. I really liked all the different plots they got into. Then another show I pick up on late nite wknds is the Closer, I got hooked on this also and then the take off of Major Crimes but h a rd to know their schedule and what station. Again these shows could very easily be run on USA, ION, TBS , CW, etc. Hopefully we’ll see better changes along the way . They need to drop these violent shows anyway. We’l eee what happens.

barbara October 8, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I did watch the reruns now they have taken that away I would love a movie I just love the older Mr Kane…..no more baby face just handsome….yes sir…

Cherrilynn July 30, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I just finished watching the entire 5 seasons I am so sorry that it ended where a new chapter could have begun. You could have had so many guest appearances by famous stars please bring it back

Karlynn July 21, 2014 at 10:16 pm

This was one of my favorite shows, I wish it wouldn’t have been cancelled

me July 20, 2014 at 7:52 pm

figures something ya like and they do away with it

Linda Adair May 22, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I did not watch this series on t.v. but on Netflix. It truly has been fun to watch. There were a about 4 episodes where it definitely leaned left that annoyed me, and maybe a couple where I think the writers had an off day. But by and large it was so much fun to watch. I found that I could not actually do anything else while watching or I might miss a flashback, and I would have to replay! I have one more to watch and then it is done. I am sorry to see this end. I rarely rewatch a series but this one was so entertaining, I can see watching this more than once. I hope they bring this back for more seasons. We need more Robin Hoods and less Walking Dead type shows. It was also refreshing to have romance/sex low keyed and not in-your-face, but obviously there.

Cheryl May 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm

No! No! No! Bring it back! From Netflix watcher! Missed it on tv, but loving it on Netflix! I am wanting to see more!( 2 cents, no swearing)

Yulma Rodriguez February 25, 2014 at 5:23 pm

nooooo, i love that show i was really looking forward to season 6. i feel so sad now. this show was fantastic. :( .

Winter February 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

The best shows on TV are going away…Monk- gone, The Closer- gone, Bones- gone, Leverage – gone, and now I learn Psych – gone. I own every season of these TV shows…but it’s really disappointing since there is such a non existence of quality programs out there! At least with the shows final show, it was done right. So many others leave you hanging and disenchanted with the shows inability to close a beloved program with dignity and not feeling as if all the years of faithful viewing was rewarded with a well-defined “goodbye”. I sure am going to miss this show!